Van Buyten

In one of his last games at Leeds he was run ragged by Alan Smith and Mark Viduka and got sent off. He's not as good as the current batch of central defenders. Lescott and Toure are now forming a more than useful partnership

luigi said:
In one of his last games at Leeds he was run ragged by Alan Smith and Mark Viduka and got sent off. He's not as good as the current batch of central defenders. Lescott and Toure are now forming a more than useful partnership

He was shocking that night just as he was a few weeks earlier away at Liverpool.

IIRC his debut was the 0-0 home draw with brum.i knew he was class as soon as i seen him heading the ball in a warm up session. One of the best ever city players

Watched the Juve/Bayern match the other night. Van Buyten was class. I'm not sure we'd get him in January, because of Bayern's qualification into the knockout stages of the CL, but I'd love it if we got him in the summer.

I remember when we had him on loan and couldn't afford the asking price at time!!!!!!! Was only a couple of million, if I'm not mistaken

A little insider information I had at the time - We could afford him but "King Kev" wouldn't pay him more than 15k a week. He did hold out for as long as he could because he loved the premier league but Hamburg paid him more. Simple as that, we missed out because King Kev preferred to spend 40k perweek for Danny Mills

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.