Van Dijk vs Laporte News on Injury

It's possible that there was an assumption that we could deal with the loss whereas they can't. We'll see how true that is. We're already hearing that this is their title challenge over because despite having the "most valuable squad in world football" they apparently can't deal with a single injury. The fact that they consistently get knocked out of the cups on purpose just compounds this idea that they can't win without their strongest 11.

We still don't get a lot of credit for winning the title without KDB, but you can guarantee if they win the title this season, we'll never hear the end of it.
Taking your point re the injuries in two seasons that KdB had..

We also have had Laporte, Sane, Kompany, Aguero, David Silva, Gundogan, Jesus, Stones, Mendy, Sterling, Fernandinho and others out at various times, often in combination in recent campaigns and often coinciding with the periods when fixture congestion starts to mount up..

I stand to be corrected but I don't think any other top English team has had to contend with such regular impacts on squad numbers..

And as you say, the lazy sports media always seem to regurgitate the nonsense that City has 'the most valuable squad' as if that in some way mitigates the situation.. that is, if they don't get in with the 'City has the biggest squad' uninformed garbage before that (we DON'T, you numpties.. we have always had exactly the same numbers as every other club under the Premier League squad requirement)

Taking your point re the injuries in two seasons that KdB had..

We also have had Laporte, Sane, Kompany, Aguero, David Silva, Gundogan, Jesus, Stones, Mendy, Sterling, Fernandinho and others out at various times, often in combination in recent campaigns and often coinciding with the periods when fixture congestion starts to mount up..

I stand to be corrected but I don't think any other top English team has had to contend with such regular impacts on squad numbers..

And as you say, the lazy sports media always seem to regurgitate the nonsense that City has 'the most valuable squad' as if that in some way mitigates the situation.. that is, if they don't get in with the 'City has the biggest squad' uninformed garbage before that (we DON'T, you numpties.. we have always had exactly the same numbers as every other club under the Premier League squad requirement)
It is not lazy mate. This is organised and an ongoing attack on city. You could spend all day and have a book full of facts.

It doesn’t work like this. We need to fight dirty now, get in the trenches and launch sound bite after sound bite. He who controls the narrative holds the power. Something we are shit at and I suspect it is because the human rights issues have not gone away in the Muslim countries.

I think the club are scared of this and have agreed to take the punches. Winning softens the blow but no recognition for what we have built and achieved in the media and football world is a bitter pill to swallow.

we all know that laporte injury last season killed us right there and then and nobody give a toss about him in the media. even dare i say welcomed it knowing city did not have cover and they wanted liverpool winning the title

VVD injury will be used for all sorts of crap from klopp and liverpool ? the difference from city to liverpool in the media is they will say well city can just go out and buy a replacement and liverpool will have to use youth or cover
liverpool are a special case and will be lighting candles and praying that the good lord can fix VVD with a miracle cure
and play again next week

klopp vs pep is that pep would say we just have to get over it and play on ? klopp will be cursing everything and blame and want punishment

Say it enough and it becomes true

Hopefully the wall to wall coverage will get in the dippers heads and they’ll think they can’t win the league without him. You think like that, and you won’t.

And on top of that they keep on making fun of us spending 400 Million on Defenders!!! For the most the money has been well spent. Some could argue about Mendy and Stones but looking they both had serious injuries and struggled to get back from that! Otamendi in his prime was amazing so where have we wasted money? On Walker? On Laporte? On Ederson? On Ruben? I don't get it

They blame us for spending too much money on defenders and forget to add that some had serious injuries! Now Liverpool will go out and splash the cash on a defender and it will be celebrated by the media as the best decision ever!!!
You could even argue that Mangala was also crocked with a long-term back injury. We have had a lot of long-term injuries in our defence. I agree with you that it's a bit of a myth that we have wasted much money. Even Delph and Zinchenko were crocked after performing well for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.