VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The free kick after the second pen was weird - commentator said he was in an offside position - from his own kick??! The disallowed goal was a piss take - why did var overrule it?
Second pen was a free kick after it came off the post. You can’t follow up if it hits the post and no other player touches it first.

The free kick after the second pen was weird - commentator said he was in an offside position - from his own kick??! The disallowed goal was a piss take - why did var overrule it?
You can’t score from a penalty rebound any more.
The disallowed goal fiasco was ridiculous, in any other job Mason would be let go. He’s been shite for as long as I can remember.

You can’t score from a penalty rebound any more.
Yes you can.

The offence was that the player who took the penalty was the next person to touch the ball after it hit the post.

Had the goalkeeper touched it before the attacker touched it a second time it wouldn't have been an offence. Equally, if a team mate of the penalty taker had scored from the rebound off the post it would have stood.

Not sure the law on this has changed, certainly not in 30 plus years I can recall.

Only time you can't score from a rebound is a penalty shootout.

Yes you can.

The offence was that the player who took the penalty was the next person to touch the ball after it hit the post.

Had the goalkeeper touched it before the attacker touched it a second time it wouldn't have been an offence. Equally, if a team mate of the penalty taker had scored from the rebound off the post it would have stood.

Not sure the law on this has changed, certainly not in 30 plus years I can recall.

Only time you can't score from a rebound is a penalty shootout.
Yes my mistake
I thought they changed the law a year or 2 ago but it seems not
Lee Mason is still a fucking idiot though

I am not a lover of VAR but you could have had 15 of them today and they still wouldn't have been able to help that fat useless blob. Our officials are so poor but he has to be one of the worst.
The fact that nothing will happen is another joke

I am not a lover of VAR but you could have had 15 of them today and they still wouldn't have been able to help that fat useless blob. Our officials are so poor but he has to be one of the worst.

Nothing will happen or change whilst we have an even bigger incompetent in charge of refereeing. I am absolutely amazed that there is never a word in the media about that idiot Old Mother Riley.

VAR is video assisted refereeing. Those assisting the referee are, referees. It is a perpetuating crap circle still making mistakes but taking ages and sucking the joy out of the game. It needs major reform of it is to stay but it has been here for 2 years now trundling along in a sub optimal way still missing major decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.