VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Pingu said the main problem with VAR is that the people reviewing the incidents are the same fools giving wrong decisions on the field.

Now to Mr Mason. Without doubt the worst ref currently in the PL. Once came to our society meeting to give a motivational talk to the young refs. Spent over an hour and a half telling everyone how he played golf with the Brodge & Kenny Dog leash. Then went onto say how famous he was in India, South Africa & Saudi. Hopefully yesterdays balls up might see him being "asked to retire".
Is there currently any Chinese/Indian money backing him for some input into the derby?

West Ham wouldn’t have beaten Spurs last week if it wasn’t for VAR, a perfectly good goal that the lino incorrectly flagged. And we should scrap it and go back to this ?

For all the VAR controversies, for which there has been many. There is very little talk when there has been so many goals allowed/disallowed CORRECTLY.

The World Cup worked well with VAR because it was 64 games , the PL is having games on TV pretty much daily and with that there is always going to be heightened controversial decisions - problem is even when the correct decision have been given, so many still say ‘what a joke ‘’ ... for what ? All because they’ve done a quick check and got a correct decisions. I’d rather that than all the absolute bonkers decisions refs give without any help, watch a couple of lower league matches without VAR and you realise just how ridiculous some of the decisions are.
just my view of course
Do you know the lino would have flagged without VAR. Maybe they were hedging their bets?

West Ham wouldn’t have beaten Spurs last week if it wasn’t for VAR, a perfectly good goal that the lino incorrectly flagged. And we should scrap it and go back to this ?

For all the VAR controversies, for which there has been many. There is very little talk when there has been so many goals allowed/disallowed CORRECTLY.

The World Cup worked well with VAR because it was 64 games , the PL is having games on TV pretty much daily and with that there is always going to be heightened controversial decisions - problem is even when the correct decision have been given, so many still say ‘what a joke ‘’ ... for what ? All because they’ve done a quick check and got a correct decisions. I’d rather that than all the absolute bonkers decisions refs give without any help, watch a couple of lower league matches without VAR and you realise just how ridiculous some of the decisions are.
just my view of course
VAR in the World Cup was a farce because it was clearly being used to get certain teams through and to make sure France won it, we never got a fair competition.

Will VAR now be used to get the Scouse into the CL place they need?

Not as if it was done last year for the scum...

Will VAR now be used to get the Scouse into the CL place they need?

Not as if it was done last year for the scum...
Leicester certainly seem to be determined to do their part in the whole charade again.

Reactions: mat
Too much scrutiny on VAR these days. Back to good old 'classic game management' by the officials.
We'd better go back to good old watching as well, without review and super slowmo from 4 angles...

I wonder why there's not enough money in a multi billion industry for a crucial part of the game - very good refs.

If you ask me I'd take from 5% from any player's (insane) wages and setup a high standard ref academy. Several of those pub refs are simply far below modern standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.