VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would recommend that anyone with concerns over this should write a polite email to IFAB, who can be contacted at lawenquiries@theifab.com.

Head honcho David Elleray has previously replied to me from this email address.

It might be interesting to hear the views of the PL also, but they are probably the instigators.

Here is mine.

-----------------------------------

Dear Sirs

There are reports emerging today, that suggest some VAR decisions are being made (or influenced) by "Match Commanders". Apparently, these "Match Commanders" have no refereeing qualifications or authority, yet they seem to be able to determine VAR outcomes.

Can you please advise as to the legitimacy of this practice by the Premier League, and where is it covered in The Laws of the Game?

Many thanks,

Paladin (real name used in email)

If this ever gets investigated (I won’t hold my breath) it will be put down to teething problems, implementation issues, it’s getting more wrong then right. 99.7% accuracy, it will get better soon, it all evens itself out, fans are all for VAR, yadda yadda yadda

...and now we can probably better understand the offsides that are given to disallow goals (for lots of teams, not just City), which initially had lines drawn that showed the "scorer" to be ONSIDE which were then manipulated ever so slightly to include arms/toes/chests/etc. to show us all that it was "actually" OFFSIDE.

Some match analyst having a word in the VARs ear saying "disallow it".

It's not beyond the realms of possibility, is it?

Last edited:
...and now we can probably better understand the offside's that are given to disallow goals (for lots of teams, not just City), which initially had lines drawn that showed the "scorer" to be ONSIDE which were then manipulated ever so slightly to include arms/toes/chests/etc. to show us all that it was "actually" OFFSIDE.

It's not beyond possibility at all. In fact it's highly likely exactly what's going on.

...and now we can probably better understand the offside's that are given to disallow goals (for lots of teams, not just City), which initially had lines drawn that showed the "scorer" to be ONSIDE which were then manipulated ever so slightly to include arms/toes/chests/etc. to show us all that it was "actually" OFFSIDE.

There will be a media blackout on this, guaranteed. Need some City journalists to hold their feet to the fire

There will be a media blackout on this, guaranteed. Need some City journalists to hold their feet to the fire
100% this.

On Football Focus tomorrow this SHOULD be the main, and possibly only, topic of conversation, it won't even be mentioned, guaranteed.

But because they're all travelling in first class compartments on the gravy train that is top flight football, and are all no doubt aware of the bias/corruption/match manipulation that goes on, rocking the boat would be an act of self destruction.

"Nothing to see here" will be the only outcome (if it even ever gets mentioned again), possibly preceded by Rat Face Neville demanding Halsey publicly name his sources (despite knowing that they've all signed a "don't ever talk about it" contract clause and if still employed will be ruined if they do).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.