VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine last season villa against Sheffield United and that goal not being given relegating the blades. Even goal line technology is flawed and needs the human touch at times
I agree. Goal line technology, similar to any technology, is not perfect. But because it is advanced technology and importantly not controlled by humans, its mistakes are very rare. And when it makes mistakes, fans will generally agree it is not because of bias but because of technical issues. The particular incident that you brought up brings the role of VAR. I believe it was very difficult for the ref to see. The humans who were in control of VAR did not review this incident either because they also didn’t see it “incompetent”, which is hard to believe, or even worse and just decided not to bring it up and reverse it “biased and cheaters.”, which is criminal. Either way VAR didn’t help when it was urgently needed and that is because, in my opinion, it is not a technology and it begins and ends with human decisions.

1. Brighton v West Ham - Trossard was celebrating a debut goal in the 27th minute until VAR ruled it out with Dan Burn, who had crossed for the Belgian to volley home, caught offside in the buildup. It was the correct decision.
Lino kept his flag down. thankyou VAR !

2. Brighton v Leicester - Vardy Penalty, brighton keeper saved it and Maddison knocked in the rebound - But VAR spotted Maddison had encroached into the area way before Vardy struck the ball. the officials on the pitch would have missed this.

3. West Ham v Brighton - Glenn Murray scores a perfectly good goal, controlling the ball of his chest before slotting in the goal - the ref rules it out for handball! .. VAR checked and there was not a handball at all. ref got it wrong.

4. Man U v Arsenal - Aubameyang races through and scores, a perfectly good goal, but the lino flags offside... luckily VAR corrected the officials mistake and the goal stood.. and i thought VAR was designed to benefit Man U...

5. here, have another Man U VAR over turn, ref giving Man U a penalty when Fernandes jumps into Dier, but VAR saw that it never was

6. Let's have another VAR against Man U whilst we're at it - VAR gives the Hammers a penalty for a clear handball

7. West Ham v Man City .... Sergio Aguero misses a penalty... hammers fans celebrating, the ref and officials allow play to continue... but wait... VAR spots Declan Rice encroached in the box. west ham fans cry corruption (i was there) but it's clear as day he did, Aguero rightly is allowed to retake the spot kick and scores. against my team, but well done VAR.

8. Man city (who VAR is against apparently) v Wolves, Mahrez goes to ground after a collision with Dendoncker - the ref waves away the appeals and tells Mahrez to get up... but wait ... VAR spots that Mahrez heels were clipped and that it should be a penalty... wolves fans cry corruption! but Man City rightly awarded the spot kick

9. ... and continuing from 8... Sterling takes the penalty which the ref would not have give remember...and misses! wolves fans celebrate... but hold on, VAR once again has spotted encroachment in the box by a wolves player, unbelievable jeff! the refs did not spot this, but VAR did... Man city are allowed to retake the penalty! Wolves fans cry corruption once again of course... but again its the right decision

10. whilst we're on a City roll... Sheff Utd think they've equalized against Man City, the ref and lino don't call for offside... but wait... VAR to Man City's rescue...

11. let's stick with Man City again ! could of just made it 20 VAR decisions in Man Citys favour... Serge Aurier clashes with Aguero in the box, the ref and officials see nothing wrong with it.... but wait, VAR deems it was a foul on Aguero! penalty to Man City which would not have been given by the ref... Spurs fans cry corruption of course...

Howver, After fans were given a chance to see the incident, it became clear that the VAR decision was correct. there's a suprise.

12. here we go again... penalty to Man City ! clear handball from Leicester, the officials once again did not see it

13. It's ... another VAR penalty to Man City.. crazy stuff ! On the edge of half-time at the Etihad Stadium, VAR awarded Man City a penalty after a challenge from Ben Mee on Sergio Aguero. Despite no appeal from City's players , it was an incident that forced Aguero off injured before Riyad Mahrez added the Sky Blues' third of the match from the spot.

14. Man City 5-0 Norwich....Hernandez scores for Norwich however... 'The Cuban thought he’d scored his second of the season when he was celebrating in the eighth minute, only for VAR to cut the celebrations short.' the ref and lino would have let it stood otherwise.

15. watford v Liverpool... Mane makes it 2-0 .. ref and lino give the goal... But Mane’s headed finish, from Swiss star Xherdan Shaqiri’s cross, was chalked off for offside after VAR reviewed the goal. The decision was incredibly tight and it Mane’s arm that was eventually adjudged to have been slightly off. correct decision.

16. West Ham v Bournemouth , Cresswell makes a challenge, clearly getting the ball but a small follow through... ref gives a red card! luckily VAR tell him to check the monitor which he does and changes the card to a Yellow

17. Aubameyang tackle on Meyer... this would have been allowed to stand without VAR !

Now honestly, how many horror tackles were and could be missed by a ref on the pitch ?! you don't want VAR for this ?

18. another horror tackle, VAR thankfully there to spot it and Bertrand gets a red.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1187810058937208832

19. Norwich Buendia smashes his Elbow in Burnley player - ref checks the Monitor and gives the correct decision - why should he be allowed to stay on pitch after this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5C15TAzHqk

20. Man U v crystal palace...Ayew effort is saved by De Gae, Man U celebrate... however VAR checks and noticed De Gae came off his line.. palace get to retake penalty... correct decision

Yes ,but apart from that , can you tell what VAR has ever done for us?

1. Brighton v West Ham - Trossard was celebrating a debut goal in the 27th minute until VAR ruled it out with Dan Burn, who had crossed for the Belgian to volley home, caught offside in the buildup. It was the correct decision.

2. Brighton v Leicester - Vardy Penalty, brighton keeper saved it and Maddison knocked in the rebound - But VAR spotted Maddison had encroached into the area way before Vardy struck the ball. the officials on the pitch would have missed this.

3. West Ham v Brighton - Glenn Murray scores a perfectly good goal, controlling the ball of his chest before slotting in the goal - the ref rules it out for handball! .. VAR checked and there was not a handball at all. ref got it wrong.

4. Man U v Arsenal - Aubameyang races through and scores, a perfectly good goal, but the lino flags offside... luckily VAR corrected the officials mistake and the goal stood.. and i thought VAR was designed to benefit Man U...

5. here, have another Man U VAR over turn, ref giving Man U a penalty when Fernandes jumps into Dier, but VAR saw that it never was

6. Let's have another VAR against Man U whilst we're at it - VAR gives the Hammers a penalty for a clear handball

7. West Ham v Man City .... Sergio Aguero misses a penalty... hammers fans celebrating, the ref and officials allow play to continue... but wait... VAR spots Declan Rice encroached in the box. west ham fans cry corruption (i was there) but it's clear as day he did, Aguero rightly is allowed to retake the spot kick and scores. against my team, but well done VAR.

8. Man city (who VAR is against apparently) v Wolves, Mahrez goes to ground after a collision with Dendoncker - the ref waves away the appeals and tells Mahrez to get up... but wait ... VAR spots that Mahrez heels were clipped and that it should be a penalty... wolves fans cry corruption! but Man City rightly awarded the spot kick

9. ... and continuing from 8... Sterling takes the penalty which the ref would not have give remember...and misses! wolves fans celebrate... but hold on, VAR once again has spotted encroachment in the box by a wolves player, unbelievable jeff! the refs did not spot this, but VAR did... Man city are allowed to retake the penalty! Wolves fans cry corruption once again of course... but again its the right decision

10. whilst we're on a City roll... Sheff Utd think they've equalized against Man City, the ref and lino don't call for offside... but wait... VAR to Man City's rescue...

11. let's stick with Man City again ! could of just made it 20 VAR decisions in Man Citys favour... Serge Aurier clashes with Aguero in the box, the ref and officials see nothing wrong with it.... but wait, VAR deems it was a foul on Aguero! penalty to Man City which would not have been given by the ref... Spurs fans cry corruption of course...

Howver, After fans were given a chance to see the incident, it became clear that the VAR decision was correct. there's a suprise.

12. here we go again... penalty to Man City ! clear handball from Leicester, the officials once again did not see it

13. It's ... another VAR penalty to Man City.. crazy stuff ! On the edge of half-time at the Etihad Stadium, VAR awarded Man City a penalty after a challenge from Ben Mee on Sergio Aguero. Despite no appeal from City's players , it was an incident that forced Aguero off injured before Riyad Mahrez added the Sky Blues' third of the match from the spot.

14. Man City 5-0 Norwich....Hernandez scores for Norwich however... 'The Cuban thought he’d scored his second of the season when he was celebrating in the eighth minute, only for VAR to cut the celebrations short.' the ref and lino would have let it stood otherwise.

15. watford v Liverpool... Mane makes it 2-0 .. ref and lino give the goal... But Mane’s headed finish, from Swiss star Xherdan Shaqiri’s cross, was chalked off for offside after VAR reviewed the goal. The decision was incredibly tight and it Mane’s arm that was eventually adjudged to have been slightly off. correct decision.

16. West Ham v Bournemouth , Cresswell makes a challenge, clearly getting the ball but a small follow through... ref gives a red card! luckily VAR tell him to check the monitor which he does and changes the card to a Yellow

17. Aubameyang tackle on Meyer... this would have been allowed to stand without VAR !

Now honestly, how many horror tackles were and could be missed by a ref on the pitch ?! you don't want VAR for this ?

18. another horror tackle, VAR thankfully there to spot it and Bertrand gets a red.

19. Norwich Buendia smashes his Elbow in Burnley player - ref checks the Monitor and gives the correct decision - why should he be allowed to stay on pitch after this ?

20. Man U v crystal palace...Ayew effort is saved by De Gae, Man U celebrate... however VAR checks and noticed De Gae came off his line.. palace get to retake penalty... correct decision

Nice list there of the good things VAR has done..

With all due respect, giving VAR decisions to teams that are basically cannon fodder, such as Brighton, West Ham, Bournemouth and Burnley is easy as they are no threat to the establishment..

The dippers didn't get a shit VAR call until they were practically home and hosed last season..

Once realisation hit home that the rags were going to choke, they suddenly got given penalty after penalty to ensure they made the Champions League..

They are fkin crap and would be nowhere without VAR intervention and assistance, not withstanding they'd also be tens of millions of pounds out of pocket..

Now if VAR is the second coming, you explain to me why it couldn't manage to call the correct decisions on the 20 incidents I listed on page 19.. ?

9 of which directly went against my team..

9 were directly in favour of the dippers..

4 were directly in favour of the rags..

Bit of a pattern emerging there I would suggest..!

West Ham winning the league, in fact winning anything has no commercial interest to anyone, that's why your trophy room is probably used to store the mop bucket and brush..

Newcastle got closed down before they could get a foothold with a huge investment..

Ask yourself why.?

City were tarred by all and sundry as cheats, even though we've cleared our name with the corrupt ****'s at UEFA, mud sticks..

City fans on here have commented on the shit they get thrown at them when out and about, minding their own business but happen to be wearing City colours..

Ask yourself why.?

I'll tell you why..

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY..!

Nothing else matters, so you cutting and pasting the good shit about VAR is irrelevant..

Dippers finishing 9th, rags 14th with a top 4 of Everton, Aston Villa, Wolves and Leeds is not happening..

It won't be allowed to happen..!

This is football in the 21 century, courtesy of VAR and the bean counters..!

Nice list there of the good things VAR has done..

With all due respect, giving VAR decisions to teams that are basically cannon fodder, such as Brighton, West Ham, Bournemouth and Burnley is easy as they are no threat to the establishment..

The dippers didn't get a shit VAR call until they were practically home and hosed last season..

Once realisation hit home that the rags were going to choke, they suddenly got given penalty after penalty to ensure they made the Champions League..

They are fkin crap and would be nowhere without VAR intervention and assistance, not withstanding they'd also be tens of millions of pounds out of pocket..

Now if VAR is the second coming, you explain to me why it couldn't manage to call the correct decisions on the 20 incidents I listed on page 19.. ?

9 of which directly went against my team..

9 were directly in favour of the dippers..

4 were directly in favour of the rags..

Bit of a pattern emerging there I would suggest..!

West Ham winning the league, in fact winning anything has no commercial interest to anyone, that's why your trophy room is probably used to store the mop bucket and brush..

Newcastle got closed down before they could get a foothold with a huge investment..

Ask yourself why.?

City were tarred by all and sundry as cheats, even though we've cleared our name with the corrupt ****'s at UEFA, mud sticks..

City fans on here have commented on the shit they get thrown at them when out and about, minding their own business but happen to be wearing City colours..

Ask yourself why.?

I'll tell you why..

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY..!

Nothing else matters, so you cutting and pasting the good shit about VAR is irrelevant..

Dippers finishing 9th, rags 14th with a top 4 of Everton, Aston Villa, Wolves and Leeds is not happening..

It won't be allowed to happen..!

This is football in the 21 century, courtesy of VAR and the bean counters..!

crickey. You ask me for 20 things and still turn your nose up , some of them incidences I’ve highlighted would be missed by refs ... offside goals would be given, leg breaking tackles missed, farcical penalty decisions ... that’s what we’ve put up with for years and years and it’s why people like me want VAR.

Anyhow. I’ll respond tomorrow on your points.

If the quoting of the refs findings were an example of fairness I wish that I could have marked my own homework years ago.

crickey. You ask me for 20 things and still turn your nose up , some of them incidences I’ve highlighted would be missed by refs ... offside goals would be given, leg breaking tackles missed, farcical penalty decisions ... that’s what we’ve put up with for years and years and it’s why people like me want VAR.

Anyhow. I’ll respond tomorrow on your points.

Some may well have been missed by the referees you say, however all 20 on my list were not missed... they were dismissed by the faceless suits as they didn't comply with the narrative..!

How many of those City decisions were in big games where it really mattered? And they were all correct calls - City didnt get anything they didnt deserve. Unlike Scousers and Scum who routinely get penalties for opponents blowing on them or offsides conveniently overlooked.

Just off top of my head - three of our most crucial games last year:

- Spurs home: Rodri blatantly fouled. VAR mysteriously is asleep - no penalty. Yet suddenly awakens to see the ball lightly brush Laporte's hand and chalk off Jesus's winner.

- Liverpool away: 3 in 1 game: (a) TAA blatantly handles (way worse than Laporte's) - VAR fails to overturn; (b) Fabinho allowed to go on and score after the move started with that handball; (c) Salah clearly offside for second goal - VAR shot not even shown. That game turned the league last year.

- Champions League: Laporte blatantly fouled + Lyon player offside on their second and decisive goal

The linesman not flagging for offside then VAR 'correcting' him is an unfair statement - the linesmen are told not to flag and to let play continue for tight calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.