VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's so corrupt against Man City... why are you 2nd most successful club in the last decade ? winning 10 trophy's the most successful is Chelsea winning 11! ffs
Because we have been good enough to beat the cheats at times. I've witnessed it in games (pre and post VAR) where you can see the exact moment the ref gives up trying to f*ck us over because we're already three ahead.

That's a big weight off my mind, you checking each City game for fairness regarding VAR..

Can't wait for your minute by minute breakdown of events..

Can you answer me why my team usually has 70% of the play each game but end up conceding the most fouls and bookings.?

See you have not commentated on the the 20 VAR incidents I raised on page 19 yet again..

You'ved banged on about VAR for 2 seasons and only now you're going to watch City's games a bit closer..

You haven't a clue about my team or the shit we have to wade through on a daily basis..

Just now on the way home, nice but dim Gough slagging Pep off, 'he has to win the league / champions league otherwise he'll walk' ..

No mention of Noddy over in Trafford whose club have spent a billion since they last won the league / champions league..

You are just another southern, know nothing plastic fan, spouting shit about stuff you don't understand..

once again personal vitrol that’s not really needed.

there are many for VAR including Pep and Man City that voted for it (Man u voted against it)

Yes you’ve been on the bad end of some VAR decisions like a lot of teams have - just like you was on the bad end of decisions before VAR correct ?

Should I get you to answer me all the bad decisions against West Ham pre VAR ? Explain why refs gave penalty’s against us that shouldn’t have been , why refs allowed goals against us that were well offside ?
Do you want me to dig up the hundreds of bad refereeing mistakes against West Ham over the years and get you to explain them to me.

Once again, VAR has NOT been great. I am NOT a massive VAR fan.
Do I prefer it to old way of officiating yes, do I think it will improve over time, yes.

your not worth debating with because you can’t be rational and think everything’s a conspiracy. So let’s not bother aye.

Last edited:
It did hit his arm, but he didn't play the ball with it (move his arm to the ball) - it hit him. I don''t think there was any law automatically ruling it out at that time.

It was only after that that the laws were changed to automatically rule out a 'goal' scored off an arm.
From the time.

It was definitely considered handball at the time by a lot of people. The Champions League was always harsher than the Premier League on handball. I remember Otamendi (amongst others) giving away a penalty when his back was turned because it hit his elbow, which would never have been given in the PL at the time. Hell, didn't Liverpool get a penalty in the final because Mane chipped it onto the defenders arm? The Llorente one was a deliberate decision to not show the referee the angle that showed the infringement, and that's the issue more than whether it was a penalty or not.

Now personally, I'd be happy with that to be a goal, as long as the rules are the same for everyone, and as long as it's the same at the other end for defenders too.

crickey. You ask me for 20 things and still turn your nose up , some of them incidences I’ve highlighted would be missed by refs ... offside goals would be given, leg breaking tackles missed, farcical penalty decisions ... that’s what we’ve put up with for years and years and it’s why people like me want VAR.

Anyhow. I’ll respond tomorrow on your points.

How do you reconcile Utd getting far more penalities over the last season and a bit than City. Even though City have the ball in the opposition box 50% more than Utd?

Must just be bad luck lol

How do you reconcile Utd getting far more penalities over the last season and a bit than City. Even though City have the ball in the opposition box more than 50% than Utd?

Must just be bad luck lol

you were 2nd in penalty’s. How does that work if VAR and the refs are against you ? Why don’t they just wave away and ignore your penalty appeals ?

You had 11. Liverpool had 5.

2017/18 season you were 3rd highest with 8 and Man U Just 3

The season before that you were 2nd highest with 9 and Man U low down with 3

Season before that you had more penalty’s than any team In the league.

you were 2nd in penalty’s. How does that work if VAR and the refs are against you ? Why don’t they just wave away and ignore your penalty appeals ?

Why you quoting seasons when VAR wasn't being used. You're proving my point, United have improved immeasurable since it was introduced.

Check last weekend and tell me the difference between the one awarded to Utd and the one turned down for City.

Why you quoting seasons when VAR wasn't being used. You're proving my point, United have improved immeasurable since it was introduced.

Check last weekend and tell me the difference between the one awarded to Utd and the one turned down for City.

why the need for VAR to award Man U more pens ? Every corner they get the Ref could just point to the spot when the ball comes in , he could just say he spotted a shove somewhere. Surely that’s far more easier than the hassle of VAR ?

Do you think the boxing fraternity would put up with the ref in the ring applying the rules to the best of his ability. Then when the time keeper rings the bell to end the fight the judges 200 miles away are looking at their screens before they announce the result. To add insult to injury a fight that was considered a draw is then allowed to resume for an extra 10 minutes until a knockout delivered by the red corner is the final action. Do you think any other sport would accept it and not know it was bent?

why the need for VAR to award Man U more pens ? Every corner they get the Ref could just point to the spot when the ball comes in , he could just say he spotted a shove somewhere. Surely that’s far more easier than the hassle of VAR ?

Because subjective decisions can now be easily manipulated.

They've already had 2 pens in 3 games this season.

You clearly think its all legit so I'll leave it with you. It's not like half of the PL have anything against City, their not that bitter that they'd write to UEFA, CAS or the PL..

It did hit his arm, but he didn't play the ball with it (move his arm to the ball) - it hit him. I don''t think there was any law automatically ruling it out at that time.

It was only after that that the laws were changed to automatically rule out a 'goal' scored off an arm.
We debated this to death at the time. The rule as it was then required intention for there to be an offence. I thought it was a legit goal tbh (under the rules as they were, sense).

still think the offside goal should have stood though and not seen any footage to change my mind on that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.