VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont want to walk away from City and football. But something is very dark about VAR and football now.
I dont understand the handball rule anymore.
Football seems to be going away from us grassroots fans and turning into WWF.

I said this years ago.

If you can’t see the scripts, year on, year out, you’re a mug.

Is VAR being used to drive away the working class fan ?
Is the new handball rule doing the same ?

I use to City mad City tatt's, nearly all my clothes will be of City in someway, never wear red. My whole weekend or week set up around City. Are we the sort of fans football doesnt want anymore ? Are we seen as an embarrassment to football ? Football now wants tourists who dont sing dodge songs, spend a fortune in the club shop, arent 100% fans through and through and dont care about watching a bent game of football. Just so these fans can say "oh yes Charles I saw a great game on Sunday cant remember who won".

If I walk away that's a huge part of who I am that I will lose. But at the moment football feels more bent than ever and I thought last season was the worst ever ! Like many we dont want to turn our backs on something we have supported for over 60yrs but ...

I dont understand VAR
I dont understand handball
I dont understand football
I dont if a match has finished
I dont understand a finished match can be restarted.
I dont understand how added time is worked out

Last edited:
it s apparent that we all are a joke (Footie fans) and this could be the death of football.
Football is happily doing a wee jig at the moment. Clubs are training, teams are competing, the telly companies are broadcasting, the refs are screwing both teams, VAR continues to what, if folk could attend, would be described as 'a full house' at the Hippodrome of Mirth. The PL and the FA are delighted. Oh, and the fans can go an' do their own fucking dance.

VAR is nuts and will ruin the game

That hand ball rule is insane.

Yes, We benifited from it yesterday and went on to win against Palace and I am happy about that. But I still cannot see how it was a penalty? and this is going to happen every week and ruin games.

VAR is nuts and will ruin the game

That hand ball rule is insane.

Yes, We benifited from it yesterday and went on to win against Palace and I am happy about that. But I still cannot see how it was a penalty? and this is going to happen every week and ruin games.
i m still not over your false winner last season, which wasn t given........

VAR will stick around until ALL the american owned red shirts have each won another PL. "A strong Manure is good for the PL" stated the impartial PL leader a couple of seasons ago. It was shown perfectly yesterday after the final whistle in the 100th minute at Brighton!!!

Now we have had a pen after the final whistle, I wonder what the next iteration of an amalgam of the worst of the LotG, as now written, or modified on the day(?), and the forensic scrutiny of VAR. Would teams be showering when the ref draws them back on to complete some obscure manifestation of the refs dark arts, or would it be a phone call from Old Mother Riley as one of the teams' coaches is pulling out of the underground car park?

Last edited:
Now we have had a pen after the final whistle, I wonder what the next iteration of an amalgam of the worst of the LotG, as now written, or modified on the day(?), and the forensic scrutiny of VAR. Would teams be showering when the ref draws them back on to complete some obscure manifestation of the refs dark arts, or would it be a phone call from Old Mother Riley as the one of the teams' coaches is pulling out of the underground car park?

was told yesterday if the players have left the pitch the match cant restart, so i would tell my team to leave the pitch at the nearest point and walk round the pitch to the tunnel ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.