Var debate 2019/20

The officials were never going to send the guy off for the assault on Rodri , at that point in the game Zagreb still had a chance of qualifying , they were at home, the TV companies etc, were reporting about the "great" atmosphere in the ground so there was no way that Eufa were going to sanction a sending off of a home player that would kill the game immediately. It was only a dead rubber game from City's point of view Zagreb still had all to play for at that point .

I don't think anything will come of it, I suspect the club have written off this season due to our poor form (poor form which I'm convinced has been caused by the way we are held back by referees and VAR and our rivals are given a leg up when needed) as to do anything else would damage the league. If the reputation of the league was damaged then the money coming in would drop and that would affect us too so I suspect we won't do or say anything about it.

VAR is nothing to do with establishing fairness in the game, it's all about the money now..

Pick n mix who finishes where and who wins what..!

Then explain to the supporters, who by the way are surplus to requirements when it comes to the people running (or should that be ruining) the game, the shit decisions being technically correct / it's teething problems which are to be expected as VAR is in its infancy and expect us to nod our heads and agree then with them...

The game wasn't broken and didn't need fixing..

Well it's f'kin broken now..!

Please stop with this agenda. As Crouchinho's post a page or two back amply demonstrated, Spurs have had at least as many go against them as for them - if not more. I get that many City fans hate Spurs but that doesn't mean that truth and balance must necessarily fly out the window. Such prejudice and disinclination to stick to the facts when it suits you makes you no better than the media that you justifiably deride.
You may well have had VAR decisions go against you as well as for you, I don’t doubt you for a minute. However we at Manchester City have not had a single VAR decision in our favour and can point out numerous times we have been shafted by the abortion of a system. All we ask for is that it is operated the same way for everybody, or better still thrown on the garbage heap.

Can just picture UEFA VAR Team this morning, putting all their " only to be used for Manchester City" VAR response statements on the table and deciding which one to use...

Then thinking....mmmm, think even we need to devise a new one for this incident..

Please stop with this agenda. As Crouchinho's post a page or two back amply demonstrated, Spurs have had at least as many go against them as for them - if not more. I get that many City fans hate Spurs but that doesn't mean that truth and balance must necessarily fly out the window. Such prejudice and disinclination to stick to the facts when it suits you makes you no better than the media that you justifiably deride.

It’s not about hating Spurs. You were the first beneficiaries of the corrupt ridiculousness of VAR and we lost two points after they studied our late “goal” for a spurious reason to rule it out. Those are the facts. Maybe you have had it go against you since. We have had corrupt decision after corrupt decision. That’s more than a coincidence.

VAR is nothing to do with establishing fairness in the game, it's all about the money now..

Pick n mix who finishes where and who wins what..!

Then explain to the supporters, who by the way are surplus to requirements when it comes to the people running (or should that be ruining) the game, the shit decisions being technically correct / it's teething problems which are to be expected as VAR is in its infancy and expect us to nod our heads and agree then with them...

The game wasn't broken and didn't need fixing..

Well it's f'kin broken now..!

It wasn't broken beyond repair but when Crappenberg gives a pen when the ball hits someone's back, and FatPhil does the same when it hits someone's leg the game is in need of better vision. Hey ho, and along comes our dear FArce, PiGMOL and the PL, not mention those arbiters of impartiality, Uefa, and poor old Rodri must have heard the Invisible Man chant and be forgiven for thinking it is he - Swarbrick has the temerity to say when he was fouled THREE FUCKING TIMES in five seconds by Lummox Lamela he was 'looking for it', and now elbowed by some Croatian better equipped for cage fighting and the outcome is a throw-in, then the VAR system, if that be the focus, is working no better than in the days we didn't have this 'eye in the sky'! Unless, of course, it is working perfectly but not administered correctly? Mmmmm, difficult to say!

Spurs fans coming onto a Manchester City fan site and complaining about the City bias.

Which VAR decisions in two consecutive years stopped you progressing in the CL?
Which decisions at Anfield put you 2-0 down before half time?
In your derby with Arsenal which VAR decisions robbed you of a penalty to change the game. Do me a favour mate, You haven’t had a. Anywhere near as many, let’s not forget the two against us when we played you bottle jobs this season in the league or b. As significant in key games at key points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.