Var debate 2019/20

I never trust polls, ever. Who do we know who is voting? How many people? Are they footy fans? Season ticket holders? Members? Bots? I haven't spoken to one fan who likes VAR. Infact I watch less of the game because of it. I can safely say I've been anti technology in the game for 20 years when it was first suggested
Polls always give the result in favour of the person that pays for it.

Just for reference I like VAR if applied with rules but not this Fcking bent bullshit. Tbh it’s just the same as refs saying they got it wrong but there is no excuse for the bullshit this year.

everyone in the stadium saw Aguero held by his bollocks & it took 30 secs for the camera to confirm it.

that isn’t VAR, that’s corruption!

Are you on here to wind people up to get a reaction?

No. in fact I’ve said my balanced views on VAR many times, giving both pros and cons but ultimately saying I’d prefer technological help for referees, I hadn’t commented for ages and yet when’s there’s a VAR incident I read ‘this is what BH wanted ‘ ‘what do you make of that then BH ?’
And if I reply ... then I’m a wind up looking for a reaction.

The system wasn't perfect and flawless before but it was a damn sight better than the shit VAR is serving up now..!

context really, before VAR you could have players diving all over the place, penalty’s that shouldn’t have been, offside goals given etc and the usual uproar - you still have this with VAR over decisions that are less clear cut. It’s easy to forget how many games were ruined by bad officiating and it was this reason alone most people called for VAR.

The game of football has been going for well over a hundred years, controversy is part and parcel of the game, hence taking about it in the pub or with your mates..

so then you must be loving VAR

VAR is a tool to service Scudamores idea of having multiple winners, nothing more..

I’m not sure, I know the quote you’re on about , but I just don’t believe the FA and ‘the powers’ sit around boardroom meeting at the start of the season and decide who’s going to win it. Need more conclusive proof.

Looks like we have had our turn so we've been put back in our box for now..

rubbish.
You’ll be back next season. You have an amazing manager and squad of players - just been a bit inconsistent this year and hurts me to say but Liverpool have been unbelievably good and deserve the title, they’ve done this by buying world class players in Alison, VVD and others.

Still waiting for you to answer my questions about why VAR didn’t review your defender fouling Sergio, the very reason it was sold to everyone to ensure fairness and helping the referee to make the correct decisions..

No idea. I can’t speak for every decision. On this particular incident I don’t think it was 100% clear cut , there was a bit of a tangle and didn’t seem much in it. Looking at reply’s I can see why it could be given for sure.
Again though. If no VAR, it wouldn’t have been given - and I would be the one saying to you ‘well then, what’s your reasoning for the officials not giving Aguero a penalty aye ??’’

VAR has definately been bought into ensure fairness and helping the referee and in the vast majority of cases it does, but it’s clear football has many grey areas and no system will be flawless. It can only improve.

You won't answer it because you can't.. VAR is shit and was proven again the other night to be shit, let's hear you explain to me otherwise..!

Christ. I answered. And have answered so many times the pro’s and cons with VAR.

Shit. Yes. In many cases.

The time delay
The missed decisions
The offside by a finger nail farce
The way it’s being used
The initial goal feeling as fan, and now having to wait

not shit - players are diving less in the box because they no VAR they can’t get away with it. Very marginal decisions can still go either way.

Players well offside can no longer score. Extremely close offsides can still go either way

a leg breaking tackle missed by officials can now be picked up. Same for off the ball incidences.

There has been so many cases of the above happening that would have been missed in previous seasons. That is a positive.

You just banged on about Rashford going down like he's been shot in the area..

Why Rashford? do you think that'll change my mind about VAR if it was him diving as opposed to your centre forward, whoever that is?

just an example. Scrap VAR and watch the likes of Rashford, Salah etc win countless penalty’s by clear diving. The calls for VAR would be straight back.

There have been far more shit decisions with VAR this season than any season without it..

disagree. It’s been proven statistically that VAR has got the vast majority of decisions correct.

In your words, it will be many years before it's working /accepted..

You're f'kin right there for a change..!

cheers ! Yes, was always going to be a long painful process- a whole new system of officiating was always going to cause uproar - fans demand change but then hate it when it happens.

Years of manipulation and you're happy to take that at face value and go along with it..

F'kin lol..!

meh. Whatever to that one.

We should have goal line technology and red card reviews..

we do

Fuck off offsides as these are subject to manipulation.

this can be improved though. Why fuck it off? Why not implement better ways of using it until it’s right.
In your book, corruption exists , well in that case a lino can flag Aguero for being mikes onside and scoring ... even with VAR not being great for offsides could that happen now ? No. If Aguero is clearly onside the goal is given.
Previous seasons a lino can chalk it off. And that’s what you want ?!

Get fitter referees and lines persons and if they don't call what is deemed to be a clear and obvious offside, leading to a goal they are instantly taken off the Premier League rota for several games..

the standard of officiating was terrible pre VAR and to be honest they have the hardest job - 22 players on the field cheating and rolling around, hostile crowd appealing for everything - refs don’t stand a chance in the modern game however fit they are

Fuck of phases of play when a goal is disallowed due to a player having his big toe offside 50 passes previous..

Agree. This needs far more improvement and clarity.

The phrase 'nailing your colours to the VAR mast' fits you perfectly..!

No. it really doesn’t as I seem capable of being rational and level headed on this matter , you and many others are hot headed, abusive and think everything’s a conspiracy- so there is no reasoning, Ive answered honestly and stated many reasons why VAR is not great - but any form of defence for the system means I’m a lover of it. Irritating but not surprising in the social forum world where you have to be black and white on everything.

You wear it well..

a little old fashioned but that’s alright

Last edited:

I'll keep this brief as I'm getting a bit board with it all now and I have wasted enough of my time on you..!

VAR is open to manipulation and corruption..

Nobody likes it judging by the outcry country-wide except for the usual suspects and you of course..

We have witnessed very questionable decisions all season long regarding the way VAR is being implemented, especially concerning a certain team who haven't won the league in a generation being ablely assisted to do so this year..

You will obviously put this down to said team being brilliant this season..

Even the team you support would look good if they aren't allowed to lose.. again you won't see this either as in your world, VAR's wonderful..

You like your polls, there's one on here showing the dippers should have 5 points less and us 5 points more which is a 10 point swing..

.. and that's being conservative..

You want VAR to remain as you have gone all in with your support fot it..

It's shit and should be binned off in my opinion, like I said, keep goal line technology and red card reviews..

Good luck in you relegation battle and I sincerely hope you don't get fucked over by VAR which in turn sends you down..

However, I'm sure you'll except it and convince yourself that it's all above board and good for the game..!

What the fuck ! Just seen Lo Celso incident. Ridiculous from referee and VAR.

So for all the advocates who say it will cut out contentious decisions, how do they explain the fact we seem to be seeing more than ever?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.