Var debate 2019/20

This is it as I see it.

The VAR system shows the pictures for anyone to see. That all seems to work fine.

Then it hits the human element and it goes to hell in a bucket. The only place there is an error is in the decision-making of every official involved.
The trouble is it was brought in to correct our useless officials but then we let them run it so we might as well not have bothered
,add to that they are not following the correct rules and keep lying like saying the refs can use the monitor when that is clearly not true,what will they come up with for next season I wonder,no doubt we will find out early doors again

The trouble is it was brought in to correct our useless officials but then we let them run it so we might as well not have bothered
,add to that they are not following the correct rules and keep lying like saying the refs can use the monitor when that is clearly not true,what will they come up with for next season I wonder,no doubt we will find out early doors again

It would be helped at least in part if they would tell us what the reasoning was, and have the reasons make sense (Rodri/Spurs/Oliver springs to mind for lunacy).

The 'might as well not have bothered' part - it's certainly tempting. It would still be wrong, just differently.

It would be helped at least in part if they would tell us what the reasoning was, and have the reasons make sense (Rodri/Spurs/Oliver springs to mind for lunacy).

The 'might as well not have bothered' part - it's certainly tempting. It would still be wrong, just differently.
yeah I think they tied themselves up in knots with the whole we made no mistakes line for the first couple of months,then admitted a couple,insisted they did a var check or 2 in the dipper game but didn't show it during the game or after,now they are stuck between lying and telling the truth,also Gallagher and Walton backing up every decision,it is no wonder most think it's bent

yeah I think they tied themselves up in knots with the whole we made no mistakes line for the first couple of months,then admitted a couple,insisted they did a var check or 2 in the dipper game but didn't show it during the game or after,now they are stuck between lying and telling the truth,also Gallagher and Walton backing up every decision,it is no wonder most think it's bent

That's the way I see it too, in the long run VAR will go but not until they've damaged football irreparably IMO.

Idea might be right the implementation and amateurs operating it are shambolic
Funny, I thought the "amateurs" operating it were professional referees, paid by PiGMOL.

Having said that, I'm inclined to agree with your contention, especially the shambolic part!

It all goes back to whether these officials are truly incompetent, or would use the Nuremberg Principle as a defence.

That's the way I see it too, in the long run VAR will go but not until they've damaged football irreparably IMO.

VAR’s going nowhere.

going back to one bloke running around with no help with the speed of the game is in the past.

VAR is SHIT but it will slowly improve , no other choice.

VAR’s going nowhere.

going back to one bloke running around with no help with the speed of the game is in the past.

VAR is SHIT but it will slowly improve , no other choice.

Of course there's a choice, the choice not to have it. As I said, we managed for a century and a bit without it.

But it got me thinking, maybe if they dress it up to look more like the FIFA games it would appeal more to the FIFA game generation?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.