Var debate 2019/20

I was for it, now I couldn't be more against it. Any sort of foul/infringement, is penalised because the perpetrator gains an advantage, to be penalized for a fucking shirtsleeve being in front is ludicrous.
Offside should mean daylight between players, or at least them being clearly in front.

i laughed when Walton on BT yesterday made out that the Premier league have some sort of cutting edge technology probably got from alien lifeforms in area 51 that made it impossible for them to be wrong in making their decisions, but then couldnt actually describe or tell us what the cutting edge tech was ! Apparently the tech cant draw a straight line but it can make Raz invisible !

I’m sure Bein we’re showing it in the same image, not off if first contact

Thanks for clarifying - if they’re going to implement a new rule based on technology they really ought to be able to get this bit right otherwise VAR becomes subjective which kind of defeats the purpose.

I’m in favour of VAR as a system but if we’re going to be subjected to its decisions then it has to be used properly - can’t believe they’ve been working on this for a few years now and still can’t get it right

Top of the shoulder is ok though isn’t it?

The lawa say arm, and biologically the shoulder is part of the arm, so if they are being strict on one thing they may need to look at everything else. Also you are allowed to throw the ball in the goal using your hands, but you can't be offside from it, never seen it happen yet though.

Offside is not cut and dry as:

"in the opinion of the referee"

The "moment" the ball is kicked - first contact, last contact, the ball left the foot - it was never designed for a machine to judge, it was always for humans, and with a player running at 9 metres per second, the moment a ball is kicked isn't accurate enough to give 1 mm offsides.

What Im failing to get my head around (fair enough Id had a bit to drink for the match) is to what level of scrutiny was that goal subjected to when to me it in no way looked a 'clear and obvious error' in real time or any normal reply. If all goals are checked fair enough but what was so contentious that it required Microsoft Paint lines drawn on by some hidden figure.

My point being that thr margin was so fuckin fine as being imperceptible to the human eye could it really have been classed/qualify as 'clear and obvious'. My concern is WHO decides what is clear and obvious and decide to get the paint lines out? I think most level headed and knowledgable fans will be able to say 'that was an obvious error, clear as fuck' so they'll be VAR for that one so better hold off on the celebration but surely even VAR supporters cannot surely see that Raz's goal as a 'C and O error'?

Im wonderin if the the video geek was looking at Kun (even tho he wasnt intefering) as an initial fuck up then because the 'VAR button had been pressed'they had to find some bullshit on Raz. Far fetched but fuck me how is a flapping piece of thin fabric sleeve material an advantage? If thats what its going to be then I wanna see some conistency is in the level of scutiny for goals that are clearly NOT clear and obvious errors, such as IMO Raz's goal did not qualify as.

Thanks for clarifying - if they’re going to implement a new rule based on technology they really ought to be able to get this bit right otherwise VAR becomes subjective which kind of defeats the purpose.

I’m in favour of VAR as a system but if we’re going to be subjected to its decisions then it has to be used properly - can’t believe they’ve been working on this for a few years now and still can’t get it right
It is unbelievable but not unsurprising. Problem solved by deeming offside calculated by let’s say more than 5cm ahead of the player. That way which still is used is unlikely to have an effect.

For the fans in the stadium, could the referee, like they do in American football inform the crowd over the speakers? I can’t see why he couldn’t do this, yesterday Dean could’ve just said penalty been retaken due to encroachment, simple message everyone knows. Sterling shoulder offside goal disallowed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.