Var debate 2019/20

What Im failing to get my head around (fair enough Id had a bit to drink for the match) is to what level of scrutiny was that goal subjected to when to me it in no way looked a 'clear and obvious error' in real time or any normal reply. If all goals are checked fair enough but what was so contentious that it required Microsoft Paint lines drawn on by some hidden figure.

My point being that thr margin was so fuckin fine as being imperceptible to the human eye could it really have been classed/qualify as 'clear and obvious'. My concern is WHO decides what is clear and obvious and decide to get the paint lines out? I think most level headed and knowledgable fans will be able to say 'that was an obvious error, clear as fuck' so they'll be VAR for that one so better hold off on the celebration but surely even VAR supporters cannot surely see that Raz's goal as a 'C and O error'?

Im wonderin if the the video geek was looking at Kun (even tho he wasnt intefering) as an initial fuck up then because the 'VAR button had been pressed'they had to find some bullshit on Raz. Far fetched but fuck me how is a flapping piece of thin fabric sleeve material an advantage? If thats what its going to be then I wanna see some conistency is in the level of scutiny for goals that are clearly NOT clear and obvious errors, such as IMO Raz's goal did not qualify as.

The guy on BT said that the version they have in the room, is much more hi tech, 'crosshair' accuracy, so much better than the picture we see.

Well the picture we see, is fucking dreadful, almost comical, so that wouldn't be difficult, but so far as 'accuracy' goes, I'm calling bullshit.

I don't think either the disallowed or allowed goals were judged on 'accuracy' at all, I think they are lying. Both were best guess & both could have been allowed or disallowed. They just put the lines on a slightly different point, on the 2nd. Maybe on purpose, because they had guessed the other way & chalked off the first.

I think it's bollocks, what we are being told & they could show the same picture on tv, that the officials see, but they won't because it will show up how shit it is.

be interesting to see what happens later in the scum game !
it will in interesting to count up after the season VAR for and against for both clubs, something tells me we will win on VAR against by double, and if we want to better the opposition the we can bring Liverpool into it and again we will win on VAR against

The guy on BT said that the version they have in the room, is much more hi tech, 'crosshair' accuracy, so much better than the picture we see.

Well the picture we see, is fucking dreadful, almost comical, so that wouldn't be difficult, but so far as 'accuracy' goes, I'm calling bullshit.

I don't think either the disallowed or allowed goals were judged on 'accuracy' at all, I think they are lying. Both were best guess & both could have been allowed or disallowed. They just put the lines on a slightly different point, on the 2nd. Maybe on purpose, because they had guessed the other way & chalked off the first.

I think it's bollocks, what we are being told & they could show the same picture on tv, that the officials see, but they won't because it will show up how shit it is.
I said the same thing to a mate yesterday, we got the second because they ‘guessed’ the first

It is unbelievable but not unsurprising. Problem solved by deeming offside calculated by let’s say more than 5cm ahead of the player. That way which still is used is unlikely to have an effect.

Not sure how they’d measure 5cm(!) but they do need to clearly and precisely define parts of the body and be able to show exact impact of the ball making contact with the foot at the same time as the exact location of the ‘offside’ player in high definition and in the same frame - if they can’t do this then they could reinstate the rule in case of very marginal decisions or those that are impossible to be 100% accurate on, of erring on the side of either the attacking or defending player - I don’t care which as long as it’s defined and everyone is clear what’s happening

They told us he was how many mm, 11, so I’m sure they could, how reproducible and accurate it would be is another matter.
In essence my point was down playing its accuracy and using it for clear offsides that have been missed, and giving advantage to attacker or defender for those var can’t be 100% sure.

So var says first clip of ball contact he’s on, but last clip he’s off, so unconfirmed var, therefore decision with defender/attacker and goal stands or not

Not sure how they’d measure 5cm(!) but they do need to clearly and precisely define parts of the body and be able to show exact impact of the ball making contact with the foot at the same time as the exact location of the ‘offside’ player in high definition and in the same frame - if they can’t do this then they could reinstate the rule in case of very marginal decisions or those that are impossible to be 100% accurate on, of erring on the side of either the attacking or defending player - I don’t care which as long as it’s defined and everyone is clear what’s happening

They are 'measuring' less than that already, hence why Sterling was given offside.

Just draw another line, 6 inches, or even 1ft further back, than the last defender & use that as the offside line. Then any doubt goes to the attacker & anyone given offside, is truly offside.

it simply does not sit well with me that 3 or more persons who are supposed to be not in any way influenced by any club can sit behind a locked door and trump up a reason for not giving a goal,they can even jiggle the frames around to suit their final decision,as i pointed out in previous the only way VAR will work and work without any prejudice would be to remove the human decision (computer tech if available) if not ready then VAR is not ready,its going to be highlighted every week until the end of season and my guess is they will bin it

Yes. Surely what the tech geeks are watching is in real time. They see the goal in real time. And said geek goes yep theres are clear and obvious error there. Really??? Where? Because it fuckin required a fair but of scrutiny and time to deem it offside. I call bullshit. I cant remember how many hammers players put there hand up to wave offside for Raz (maybe thinking Kun but nit Raz) because no way anyone could have seen that as a clear and obvious offside. I feel im going in circles but something just feels off about it. And the only reason im questioning it all is due to this 'clear and obvious error' rule and im sure that was not applied here at all. Im not saying conspiracy but its fishy...and im not talking about the contents of Baldrick's apple crumble.

Just going slightly off topic although still VAR related,do we not have the tv screen/monitor at the sidelines for the ref to have a look at incidents like in the other leagues and champions league ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.