Var debate 2019/20

So why the fuck wasn’t he booked for simulation. That’s just a blatant lie

There's a difference between a dive with no contact, which should get a booking, and exaggeration of contact, which advice has generally been not to book recently. In this case, I suspect he means that Oliver thought Rodri made a lot of it.

correct, happens all the time on break-away goals when 2 on 1 on the keeper

That's because the player receiving is usually behind the ball - see above.

If the player receiving has not recovered to an onside position when the ball is played, then he's offside, wherever the ball goes. You see it occasionally at short corners, when the taker hasn't got back onside.

I'm happy if someone can find the law wording that says I'm wrong.

Didn’t watch or listen to the game on Saturday. First time in 40 years that I haven’t gone out of my way to watch or at least listen. Didn’t watch match of the day. Didn’t watch any game on Sunday. Didn’t watch the rags last night. Usually go to around 20 games a season. Can’t see me going to any. What’s the point? If you can’t celebrate a goal then there is literally no point at all. I thought I’d struggle with var this season but I didn’t expect it to escalate so quickly. There must be thousands the same as me? I saw this coming last year v Schalke. Winning 7-0 and coming away frustrated? What’s that about. 3 minute delay after every goal to check for any tiny infringement. And then 0 mins added time? Utter farce. I just can’t watch. It makes me so angry. Until they sort it out - which I can’t see in the near future, I genuinely won’t be watching. That makes me so sad and leaves a massive hole in my life. I’ll still keep in touch with things because my lads will be watching but god knows what I’m going to do instead? If they made it so that every team has one or two reviews like cricket, then I think that’d sort it out to some extent, but they won’t do that. I won’t even be on here as much as I probably won’t know what people are going on about. That’s also very sad. Gutted. Better start practicing my golf swing. Thanks var!!!!!
I’m with you 100% , had enough myself

Didn’t watch or listen to the game on Saturday. First time in 40 years that I haven’t gone out of my way to watch or at least listen. Didn’t watch match of the day. Didn’t watch any game on Sunday. Didn’t watch the rags last night. Usually go to around 20 games a season. Can’t see me going to any. What’s the point? If you can’t celebrate a goal then there is literally no point at all. I thought I’d struggle with var this season but I didn’t expect it to escalate so quickly. There must be thousands the same as me? I saw this coming last year v Schalke. Winning 7-0 and coming away frustrated? What’s that about. 3 minute delay after every goal to check for any tiny infringement. And then 0 mins added time? Utter farce. I just can’t watch. It makes me so angry. Until they sort it out - which I can’t see in the near future, I genuinely won’t be watching. That makes me so sad and leaves a massive hole in my life. I’ll still keep in touch with things because my lads will be watching but god knows what I’m going to do instead? If they made it so that every team has one or two reviews like cricket, then I think that’d sort it out to some extent, but they won’t do that. I won’t even be on here as much as I probably won’t know what people are going on about. That’s also very sad. Gutted. Better start practicing my golf swing. Thanks var!!!!!
You’re not alone. It’s becoming a joke.

And this is the kinda shite that I expect from these people. Swarbrick is as dense as his name suggests. Both arms round Rodri before anything else happens. That's holding! Clear penal offence, followed by the thirteen stone Lamela trying to occupy space taken up by Rodri. And finally, the trip where a trip can be executed by arms, body or legs. Three fucking penal offences inside the space of two or three seconds and the VAR supremos come up with dive. What a fucking joke. Get down to the fuckin' stage door at the London Palladium or try and get a gig at the Hammersmith Apollo on comedian's night.
Swarbrick came across as an idiot. The Sky footage shown last night clearly showed that Oliver was not looking at the penalty incident and missed it. The VAR team claimed it was "a dive" by Rodri. Even the Spurs fans I spoke to after the game said it was a clear penalty and they had a perfect view in the stadium. The false handball narrative now being peddled by fools like Swarbrick is absurd. The wording of the new rule says the player must "gain possession/control." Laporte was dragged towards the ball by the defender and the ball glanced off him. That is not a handball even under the stupid new rules. What we are seeing now from the FA and the Referees' body is just a propaganda machine going into full flow. They must think match-going fans are stupid.

I think it's a good idea that Swarbrick has come out and explained what the thinking was.

I don't think the explanation helps anyone involved look good!
I thought the bit where Swarbrick said that Oliver said to the VAR bods what he saw and they agreed was quite informative. I think Swarbrick also said they looked at it on live speed once. Not giving time to disagree with the ref seems odd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.