Var debate 2019/20

Swarbrick's explanation is that it wasn't a penalty because if the contact was from behind Rodri should have fallen backwards instead of forwards.
I was praying for someone to ask him how it's physically possible for someone who is running forwards to fall backwards.

Rodrigami.

clearly VAR not doing their job or are they ????

when you have a major club like united or liverpool you bet the VAR team turn a blind eye just like the match officials have been doing for years, i can say 1000% city would have not got that pen pogba and united got last night, if it was sterling not only the VAR team turn it down he would have got a card for diving as well ???

VAR is a joke, 3 city games this season all major talking points and the VAR team was on the ball watching for anything little thing to cancel out a goal, it being over used in the city games and when you see things like pogba diving and still getting the pen or the liverpool keeper a good yard of his line saving a pen to win the super cup its not good for city in the long run and they are after us big time

clearly its still the opinion of a official in a room using VAR that works for the premier league, a ex match official still hold power and is under rules and orders or else, dare you step out of line and darken the so called big clubs like united and liverpool, because you will only get one chance and if you upset them your fired and demoted back the FA doing championship or league football games

the have a 2nd go at giving them advantage with VAR and its still going to get worst not better, i will not hold my breath that city will get anything like the so called big 2 clubs with tight calls and again will come down to somebodies job on the line if they dare give the advantage to city

Don't blame VAR, it is just being used as another tool to stop us. They have used poor reffing for a few years, now they will watch all our goals for any infringement if the game is close. The media favourites will get away with them, as we will not see the play back in ultra slow motion.

Swarbrick's explanation is that it wasn't a penalty because if the contact was from behind Rodri should have fallen backwards instead of forwards.
I was praying for someone to ask him how it's physically possible for someone who is running forwards to fall backwards.

The problem with this whole situation is people like Swarbrick are too arrogant to accept they made a mistake. They think it would be a sign of weakness when in fact it would be the opposite. If he came out and said "yes it was an error and it should have been a penalty but we're in the early stages of the technology and we're trying to get it right" then people would still be pissed off but he'd retain some respect and a bit of leeway from fans.
To say it wasn't a penalty when it clearly and irrefutably was basically undermines the entire integrity of the system.
Er, if I am running and a person behind me pushes me in the back, I fall forwards so this is just a feeble excuse. You are quite right, an honest admission of a mistake is the best policy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.