Var debate 2019/20

Well they kinda do

Rodri does decide at one point to go down, but would the ref have given it if he had just played on? Players are told by commentators to go down when a defender fouls them and to force the ref to make a decision. The ref bottled it, and VAR did not want to make him look small.

If VAR had given that pen. then of course the next decision would have been irrelevant and no one would have talked about it.

It's not a tech. system. It's still another set of eyes pooring over images, so we've got the same inconsistency we had before with another level of complexity added to the game.

Too many football fans are looking at this through Liverpool, or Man Utd glasses. I look forward to the I told you so moment. It will come. The question for the cynics is how often.

I can see a scenario where like at a World Cup an instruction goes out to "take it easy"

Perfect example of it ruining another moment for fans last night.

Wolves fans should have been bouncing after that screamer, liked the 'fuck VAR' chants though.

Instead they're stood around whilst some guy sat on his arse decides whether the guy on the byline is millimetres offside.

Let goals go back to being judged on the pitch! Leave red cards and pens to VAR if we have to have it.

Perfect example of it ruining another moment for fans last night.

Wolves fans should have been bouncing after that screamer, liked the 'fuck VAR' chants though.

Instead they're stood around whilst some guy sat on his arse decides whether the guy on the byline is millimetres offside.

Let goals go back to being judged on the pitch! Leave red cards and pens to VAR if we have to have it.

They went mental when Neves scored...

and cheered again once confirmed.

double celebrations!

this is spot on.....this is what only makes the calls of corruption stronger......clear human error then point blank denial of error just makes people look guilty
Swarbrick’s stupid view with regards to the penalty non call on Rodri Is equalled by Mr Dermot Gallagher’s view that at the time he wouldn’t have given the penalty also, because he felt that there wasn’t “enough in it”. Well thanks a lot, let’s all stick together and close ranks, bent or what.

Swarbrick’s stupid view with regards to the penalty non call on Rodri Is equalled by Mr Dermot Gallagher’s view that at the time he wouldn’t have given the penalty also, because he felt that there wasn’t “enough in it”. Well thanks a lot, let’s all stick together and close ranks, bent or what.

VAR seems to be about getting more gigs for refs on TV and radio. No wonder they are VAR disciples.

a lot of comments in support of VAR in the other forums and social media platforms, seem to be coming from fans whose team have not yet been thoroughly fucked over by VAR. i look forward to the national outpouring of angst from littlewoods or utd fans if they ever get a decision like the 3 we have already experienced. i can see pigmol having a 'moment of clarity' and relax the VAR operators itchy trigger finger somewhat.

They went mental when Neves scored...

and cheered again once confirmed.

double celebrations!
Just had a 2-3minute wait in between for something completely pedantic to be checked. Which even if it was offside, was not gaining an advantage in any form.

They went mental at first but it was completely cut short as I've seen from fan videos in the ground.

The cheer after it was awarded didn't make up for that celebration being cut short.

Even affects momentum for the kick off afterwards, gives the conceding team time to regroup. It's causing more problems on the pitch than it first intended in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.