Var debate 2019/20

Well I am not about to enter into a re-education programme run by that idiot and unless VAR is improved both in terms of its technical competence and perhaps more importantly its application and use I for one will no longer be a fan.
Good point, the way this condescending twerp is simply shrugging it all off, and saying we'll get used to
it eventually is infuriating to say the least. I for one won't, and I know very few who will, football, unlike cricket,
is free flowing, it does not in any way lend itself to this.

first post so apologies if it’s been covered

Referees aren’t allowed to officiate for either teams they support, or their rivals.

Are these jokers that monitor var on match days subject to the same rule?

Also how many var officials are at each match. If there are 2 or 3, it will be pretty hard to ensure that a rag or dipper isn’t having a direct influence on big decisions for City (or vice versa).

Jeez how much would I pay to be in charge of the var machine at anfield

Well I am not about to enter into a re-education programme run by that idiot and unless VAR is improved both in terms of its technical competence and perhaps more importantly its application and use I for one will no longer be a fan.
We are the paying customers and we have been treated with contempt. Swarbrick and his cronies are being paid handsomely to run the VAR system but have no accountability. No one in the media has challenged the false claims he has been making all week about who made the decisions last weekend (ie not the referee) and why his team did not follow the IFAB rules. Former referees like Keith Hackett and Mark Halsey have made scathing attacks on what happened at the Spurs game. Swarbrick must think matchgoing fans are stupid.

Honestly since this is the law now and as long as they apply it the same way going forward for other teams, I'm more annoyed about the penalties we didn't get:

Hoddle spotted something I didn't(worrying) in that there were actually two fouls VAR could have seen when Rodri was brought down, look at Rose and Aguero:

Here's the foul just before the corner comes in on Laporte, Skipp grabbed his arm and a bit of the sleeve of his shirt... Does anyone know the rule if someone is fouled before the ball is played, is that still a penalty? I'm pretty sure it still is.

And another one -

But apparently not enough to drag him down, while Pogba touching Wolves player legs is.

Twatty bollox rooney got sent off last night for elbowing someone in the DC verses NY game. VAR spotted it and rightly so granny shagger had to walk.

Good point, the way this condescending twerp is simply shrugging it all off, and saying we'll get used to
it eventually is infuriating to say the least. I for one won't, and I know very few who will, football, unlike cricket,
is free flowing, it does not in any way lend itself to this.
They claim that in other countries where VAR has been introduced, fans have been similarly hostile to it, but eventually came round. I don’t know how true that is.

They claim that in other countries where VAR has been introduced, fans have been similarly hostile to it, but eventually came round. I don’t know how true that is.
It’s being forced on football fans around Europe , the Germans are usually organised & wont take shit lying down, i’m Amazed they haven’t got rid of it over there , perhaps someone will tell us ...what has the reaction to this shit been abroad ?

Twatty bollox rooney got sent off last night for elbowing someone in the DC verses NY game. VAR spotted it and rightly so granny shagger had to walk.

Didn't think it looked a whole lot worse than the Rodri foul on Saturday tbh. Fair play to the ref for taking the opportunity to send the twat off though.

In my experience if City get screwed, support for City always intensifies.
This is different , we’re talking about a huge change to the game , the actual enjoyment of the game for fans of every club is in danger here .

We are the paying customers and we have been treated with contempt. Swarbrick and his cronies are being paid handsomely to run the VAR system but have no accountability. No one in the media has challenged the false claims he has been making all week about who made the decisions last weekend (ie not the referee) and why his team did not follow the IFAB rules. Former referees like Keith Hackett and Mark Halsey have made scathing attacks on what happened at the Spurs game. Swarbrick must think matchgoing fans are stupid.

It’s not true they are accountable to no one. The Premier League through its 20 clubs is who they are accountable to, because it they are seeing to be fucking up the product, putting the cash cow at risk, there’ll be intervention taking place with the Referees, no doubt about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.