Var debate 2019/20

2 points out 9 they’ve robbed us of , that might be all it takes for us to lose the title , var will rob us of another 6 to 8 points just to make sure , Liverpool will lose 0 is my estimate .
The main swing games will be against the dips & like you I'm not hopeful of a level playing field but there again I never am.

Graham Poll admitted it years ago. And i think he would know more about it than any of us..

Poll.... "Let me guarantee you this: none of the penalties given to Wigan Athletic, Stoke City or West Bromwich would have been awarded against Manchester United and yet they were against Norwich City. So are match officials really biased, do they deliberately favour the big teams?

The select group of referees which I served with did a lot of work with a sports psychologist, the excellent Craig Mahoney. He explained the difference behind conscious decision making and sub-conscious and that you can only really control conscious thought.

I don’t believe that any referee consciously goes out to give soft penalties against small teams but I know that they only give stone wall penalties against the biggest ones.

One of the reasons for this is that they know the fallout, from the managers and the media, if they give a soft penalty against one of the big teams and the sub-conscious mind kicks in to afford the referee a level of protection, quite naturally.
"
All the more reason to have a working version on VAR then surely and why lots of fans wanted it bringing in.

we will get a better idea on VAR after say 10 games,we will by then be top of the league but unfortunately not the premiership league it's top of the hard done to and robbed league, United and Liverpool will be the top teams that have benefited, So they wanted a more competitive premiership and that is what they have designed with VAR, its not about fairness and honesty its about money, it wont raise an eyebrow if we get screwed week in week out because other teams and fans benefit from us getting screwed,we are in for a hard ride to beat the system and i don't expect us to do it but you never know,if their was anything fair about VAR us the fans who put thousands of pounds into the game would have been given the chance of some input but no its all done nice and quite and behind closed doors

So VAR is settling down a bit now and I’m a bit more comfortable after this weekend that the “high bar” thing is being equally applied. It also stops the game being re-refereed and is supportive of the on field official.

Get rid of mm offside calls and you have the makings of something workable.

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this, apologies if someone already has, but 0.35s to 1 min is interesting.

It doesn't mention deflecting to another player.

It says "creating a goal scoring opportunity" in the guidelines.

When you hear him reading it out, it's even clearer Laportes wasn't handball under the new guidelines. the player has to gain ( the definition of the word gain is to secure something, he never did) control/possession, then create an opportunity.

It was written to stop players controlling the ball with the arm/hand, gaining an advantage, then passing it and creating a chance. Laporte didn't do that, it was a deflection, complete freak accident where it went.

If they wanted to make the Laporte incident to be called handball they simply had to have the guideline say " It's an offence if it hits the arm/hand and creates a goal scoring opportunity whether accidental or not"

They deliberately put in the player has to gain control/possession and THEN create a goal scoring opportunity.

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this, apologies if someone already has, but 0.35s to 1 min is interesting.

It doesn't mention deflecting to another player.

‘Or creates a goal scoring opportunity’
Like ‘clear and obvious’ these terms can mean anything that they want.
One man’s interpretation of these will be different from another’s.
Basically allows them to make any decision they see fit.
Any ideas of consistency and accountability can be swiftly dispensed with.

So VAR is settling down a bit now and I’m a bit more comfortable after this weekend that the “high bar” thing is being equally applied. It also stops the game being re-refereed and is supportive of the on field official.

Get rid of mm offside calls and you have the makings of something workable.
In which case I have to ask, why have VAR?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.