Var debate 2019/20

Exactly. Which is why VAR should be in place to correct those decisions. They’ve implemented it entirely wrong and completely differently to the countries in Europe that are now in their third year of using it.
exactly, as i'v just posted, regarding another post,
as it is, the way you have stated, scrapping var would be good, but in reality that would be a sad day.
It is working reasonably well on the continent in their implementation of it with almost every call becoming correct, with humble ref's accepting mistakes without scorn as there seems to be an acceptance from fans and pundits that it is impossible for a person to get everything correct, and just generally seem to be happy when it is.
I'm not a conspiracy theorist kind of guy, is it there to screw certain teams or aid others?, to make the ref's look better?, are there betting irregularities going on?
who could say?
but there is definitely something amiss in this whole setup where there is no way a reasonably neutral person could have come up with some of these conclusions that have most of the people in the know so flabbergasted for something that should be simply helpful.

Anyone wanting perfection after three games was hoping beyond hope, like anything new, it'll develop, and I'm sure the screens will be used, they are there. I'm in agreement about the small use of the screens, VAR was being used as a crutch in some tournaments, and it was making it unwatchable, I'm willing to give it 6 months before I'll let other peoples paranoia kick in with me.

Was I in favour ? - Yes originally, but this summer turned me to no.
Do I like it ? - don't know, not enough to go on yet in the PL, but it does seem to be being used consistently so far, consistently good or consistently bad, I'm not sure.
Do I like how its been used in our games ? Probably not, but its affected 1 result arguably, but that result was also badly affected by our own deficiencies both attacking and defending.
I was with you till the last bit,we didn't play well but that happens,VAR is why we lost 2 pts,no-one else is getting the close scrutiny that we have and that doesn't make statistical sense

I wasn't quoting them lol,the frame rate is not fast enough,that is essentially what they mean,there was doubt on such a tight call because of it,you maintain var got it right but there is more than an element of doubt,in other words it was way too tight to give it
I actually think var got both wrong (ie Jesus was onside and Sterling off) from the initial replays before they added the lines. But I’m prepared to accept they were also both correct. Either way, I don’t think they were trying to fuck us.

I also think the offside ruling should be changed from factual (ie you can be 2mm offside) to ‘clear and obvious’ like penalty decisions with the attacker getting the benefit of the doubt.

I was with you till the last bit,we didn't play well but that happens
I was referring to the Spurs game, we DID play well, but our deficiencies in front of both goals prevented us winning, probably by a cricket score, that's not VAR's fault, yesterday we won, as we usually do, despite one VAR decision, this will happen in the majority of games.

I also think the offside ruling should be changed from factual (ie you can be 2mm offside) to ‘clear and obvious’ like penalty decisions with the attacker getting the benefit of the doubt.
Exactly VAR should not be there to reduce the number of goals, that is bad for the sport.

I was with you till the last bit,we didn't play well but that happens,VAR is why we lost 2 pts,no-one else is getting the close scrutiny that we have and that doesn't make statistical sense
I disagree with is not playing well. I think it’s the best we’ve played this calendar year. We just didn’t finish well.

I disagree with is not playing well. I think it’s the best we’ve played this calendar year. We just didn’t finish well.
I was responding to not scoring and defensive mistakes,i think we played well mostly,there are always going to be those sort of games,var was the deciding factor

That's not quite what they've been told, VAR are told to only refer the referee to the screen if they think he would change his decision, there would be no point having the screens, if they were told they weren't to use them. I think we'll see them used a bit more now, as there have been a couple of awkward decisions made by VAR followed by considerable debate from the media, the system will adapt as it gets more data, I'm sure of that, and the "its all against city" paranoia will die down imho. We are bound to get more decisions than most others because of the way we play.

Here is another issue.

You can’t start a season with one set of rules re VAR and then change the approach to its use.

That’s unfair and distorts the sporting competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.