Var debate 2019/20

I've a great idea for football
LEAVE IT AS IT FUCKING WAS, it wasn't broken, it is now, leave the technology out of football, except goal line technology, We all know what offside is,we all know a handball when we see one, don't take the passion and emotion out of the game, or there will be no game left, people who wanted VAR should be put on a train given sleeping tablets then slapped awake fucking shithouses
I thought it was fairly broken when they incorrectly disallowed Jesus and Sane’s supposedly offside goals against Liverpool in 2018.

They’ve clearly botched the introduction of VAR but it’s still early days. Lets not kid ourselves that we were happy with the old system

I thought it was fairly broken when they incorrectly disallowed Jesus and Sane’s supposedly offside goals against Liverpool in 2018.

They’ve clearly botched the introduction of VAR but it’s still early days. Lets not kid ourselves that we were happy with the old system
I suspect with the Sane goal we'd have been shown the little lines with Sane demonstrably in an offside position. Who played the ball? We saw nothing to overturn the opinion of the referee.

I couldn’t agree more, VAR if was implemented correctly by a regulated independent body (not PiGMOL) it would be great.

The problem is PiGMOL have had a free run at it and fucked it beyond anything previously comprehensible. They’ve used VAR to hide their corruption and bias agenda(s), to validate their “incorrect” decisions and then to top it off made unjustifiable claims that VAR is 100% accurate which is a complete fucking lie proven beyond any form of doubt.

PiGMOL are the problem, not VAR.

people who wanted VAR should be put on a train given sleeping tablets then slapped awake fucking shithouses

That would be one long train, I seem to recall the place in meltdown on many occasions over the last few years as we have been screwed over time and again by dodgy decisions. Those decisions are what drove a significant proportion of this forum to being in favour of VAR in the (misguided as it turns out) belief that this would make it harder to stitch us up

Few factored in that PiGMOL, as well as being incompetent/corrupt (delete as appropriate depending upon your penchant for tin foil), being hard faced liars too

That would be one long train, I seem to recall the place in meltdown on many occasions over the last few years as we have been screwed over time and again by dodgy decisions. Those decisions are what drove a significant proportion of this forum to being in favour of VAR in the (misguided as it turns out) belief that this would make it harder to stitch us up

Few factored in that PiGMOL, as well as being incompetent/corrupt (delete as appropriate depending upon your penchant for tin foil), being hard faced liars too
Well 3 matches in 4 wrong decisions, 2 points dropped there is a big difference though these incidents were seen with technology and that makes it a lot worse than what went before

Taking away the stupid decisions we have on handball and offside, what Rugby league have is the image and angle being reviewed on a live screen for all to see and the ref on the pitch controlling which angles he wants to see of the incident. Challenge Cup final had quite a few incidents reviewed and not reviewed when perhaps it should have been!. Although there was still expert debate on the incidents that differed , it was a lot more open for everyone and you could listen to the official's thought process during review

It's the new threshold,we didn't need a new threshold,who the fuck thought i know we can fuck about with the beautiful game,for what reason,there has to be something in it for somebody,i get more angry every day about this,i'm not wishing the time away till the next game like i always have done before,give us our game back minus the goals scored with hands,none of the bollocks with it touching the hand of someone else first,give pens unless we can all see it's a dive,if the ref doesn't see it then var give it,stop being so fucking precious about the refs,if they cock something up then overturn it,we all want an honest game,level playing field for everyone,it's not that complicated to do,arrggghhh
Glad you've seen the light.

And that very same reason is corruption, and they've just made it easier.

Granted, there have been some downright shocking refereeing performances that can be put down to sheer incompetence, but VAR is just another tool in the arsenal of bent officials.

how can it be corrupt if bad decisions are being made for other teams, including teams (Utd and Spurs) that are our direct rivals/old top 4 and clubs who people on here said would benefit from dodgy decisions? It doesnt add up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.