Var debate 2019/20

Llorente has event admitted it hit his arm. But he said that he didn't even see the ball, it just hit him. So there is no question that it hit his arm.

I'm pretty sure they saw the handball but didn't give it because it wasn't deliberate (his hand was up against his body). This wouldn't be the case next season.
The issue is the way VAR decisions are given. There is not communication of tge decision making process to the crowd or TV audience.

I don't think the ref saw it, judging by the way he pointed to his hip to suggest that that's where he thought the ball had hit Llorente.

To be fair to the ref, a lot of City fans on here last night were convinced the ball had never hit Llorente's arm either - though Llorente himself has since confirmed that the ball DID hit his arm, just as many of us saw on the replay-angle-the-ref-was-never-shown.

Eh? That still has the ball right on him. you can see it.

It definitely isn't near Eriksen's feet
If you’re saying that ball has already hit Bernardo in that still (which is the rule - when the ball is played) then the ball is clearly going in the wrong direction.

The ball lands with Aguero so how on earth can you say that is the correct still? The laws of physics make that still redundant, maybe by a hundredth of a second but when Aguero and the defenders are moving in opposite directions it can be the difference.

In reality, it’s impossible without the VR 360 degree cameras to highlight the exact moment the ball came off Bernardo so I actually don’t mind it being ruled out. However the image you, VAR and the media are trying to use as proof he’s offside is absolute 100% bollocks and physically impossible to use as proof.

Llorente has event admitted it hit his arm. But he said that he didn't even see the ball, it just hit him. So there is no question that it hit his arm.

No can't be true - Christian - disabled people hater Glenn Hoddle categorically assured viewers it didn't strike an arm - so that's good enough for me.

Handball is handball. Especially as it gave an advantage to the offender(lead directly to a goal).
I officiate at a high level of hockey and although a different sport, this is clearly a catastrophic error by the officials.

We never have problems with video referral in hockey, and the game is played at a far quicker tempo, why is football so complicated.
It is the interpretation of the clown that’s viewing it. If there’s more than one angle, they all need to be seen.
In my opinion, he was just going through the motion and had no intention of disallowing it.
We let ourselves down in defence last night. Simple as that. They didn’t really create much, we GAVE them the chances.
The crowd deserve huge recognition for the atmosphere they created.
Onwards Blues.

How can it be offside if Eriksen played the ball back into Sergio's path?
Because he didn’t. Bernardo deflected it into Sergio’s path. The offside goal is not really contentious, it’s the correct decision. It’s fucking shit the way we now have a situation where you can celebrate a crucial goal, there’s pandemonium, only for it to then be reversed. That’s why it’s shit, but the decision arrived at is correct.

The incorrect decision is Llorente’s goal. That was farcical, and entirely corrupted by TV.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.