Var debate 2019/20

If referees are a paragon of virtue then why can't they preside over teams from their area?

I cannot work out if you are joking or not? From my understanding he reffed the Newcastle v Watford match.
Sorry Frank, tongue in cheek, more controversy surrounding this official. Referee standard is appalling, been watching the game since 1952. Sad to say referees (match managers) have been getting worse since they appointed pro refs, much better when they were referred to as Mr.

Sorry Frank, tongue in cheek, more controversy surrounding this official. Referee standard is appalling, been watching the game since 1952. Sad to say referees (match managers) have been getting worse since they appointed pro refs, much better when they were referred to as Mr.

I started watching it at 1459. They kicked off at 1500.

Why do people keep quoting this? The ref said at the time that he had seen the encroachment and if you view the footage it is clear that he did and instantly told the correct player who was at fault. No review by VAR.

They quote it because it helps with their skewed way of thinking, they see it as one of the VAR decisions that went for us to prove it is not bent. The laugh is the other they use is 'Raz was given onside for his goal'. The fact that he was onside might also have helped.

Interestingly the VAR referee for the LaPorte incident and denied the goal was Graham Scott. If I remember rightly he was relegated to board monitor, for being late for the Chelsea game I believe it was on the Sunday following his brain freeze. Strangely, as it happens, it appears he's not been seen since.

Apart from reffing the Newcastle/Watford match?
Edit: Later comment of yours noted.

Isn't he just a retired ref acting as a pundit for Sky?

Thing is we shouldn't have to be relying on him or Sky to try to explain things. The PL should be publishing the reasons for VAR decisions / non-decisions themselves. No transparency, no accountability. Whole thing stinks.

Absolutely. You'd do that kind of thing, transcripts and what have you, just to show you're above board. It's basic shit. You gotta problem? Here you are, read, hear this. They obviously don't give a shit. Which damns them, in my eyes at least. Any organization that wants to be seen to be honest will do that type of thing.

Dermot Gllagher, ex referee on radio 5 Monday night club said that the Newcastle goal against watford should have been dis allowed for handball. He said the VAR would have gone through a check list to review the goal and would have checked off side?, no off side ok,checked foul in build up?, No foul ok. But forgot the check handball? Check hand ball? Don't know, forgot !

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.