Var debate 2019/20

Does this Dermot dickhead actually work for PGMOL?

Isn't he just a retired ref acting as a pundit for Sky?

Thing is we shouldn't have to be relying on him or Sky to try to explain things. The PL should be publishing the reasons for VAR decisions / non-decisions themselves. No transparency, no accountability. Whole thing stinks.

... Our penalty miss for example. Encroachment would never have been given last season, but it ruled in favour this term.

Why do people keep quoting this? The ref said at the time that he had seen the encroachment and if you view the footage it is clear that he did and instantly told the correct player who was at fault. No review by VAR.

The Newcaste goal is a strange one, the camera angle wasn't great. I though the defender headed it onto the Newcastle forwards arm. Then it looks like the arm is behind the defenders arm, so then did the defender head it onto his own arm?? Either way it was accidental. But the law is currently saying if attacker, goal is disallowed and defender accidently handballing is correct? It's a tough call if the tech can't capture correct angles. Imagine changing the decision after FT??? Don't tempt them!

Ive read his post several times and he didn’t mention City once, however you did

He talked about the Laporte handball and Corruption,
I am not sure if you were trying to make a point,or did not finish your post.
At least the poster I replied to was giving an opinion, even if it was very flawed.

Why do people keep quoting this? The ref said at the time that he had seen the encroachment and if you view the footage it is clear that he did and instantly told the correct player who was at fault. No review by VAR.
Probably because the commentary implied VAR had reviewed it regardless of ref call - and then they said VAR cannot review goalie moving off line IIRC.

When you have the technology to get decisions right and you still see a string of ridiculous calls, it either points to corruption or gross incompetence. Something seriously needs to be done because the sheer arrogance at play here is obscene.

Gross incompetence. I have said for years the standard of refereeing is appalling and the blame should be at Old Mother Riley’s door. They should own up and use VAR to improve the standard instead of finding excuses or ignoring mistakes. More training is needed and the overhaul should be led by Riley but he is useless and need to be replaced by a more dynamic head of officials.

Probably because the commentary implied VAR had reviewed it regardless of ref call - and then they said VAR cannot review goalie moving off line IIRC.

The commentary got it wrong to start off with. They said the penalty had to be retaken because the keeper moved off his line but then changed their mind when it was obvious that Dean was talking to the player who encroached.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.