Var debate 2019/20

I wanted VAR but that’s cos I thought it would be used properly, you know, ref makes mistake VAR spots it and gives correct decision
The amount of decisions we had that I was thinking VAR and we win that
The Sane cross v Arsenal in semi final and the Ashley Young on Aguero penalty in 2-3 at our place were a joke and felt it sorts it all out, the worrying thing is that we now know that if the Young penalty goes to VAR it would have made zero difference
In its current format it needs fucking off and it’s making the game a laughing stock

for me the VAR room should NOT watch the match or know what decision the ref has given, asked to look at just the incident and give their decision

100% for me when VAR look at incident they should not know what decisions already been made
cheat your way out of that

Ali’s on Saturday has now put the cat amongst the pigeons, his control of the ball using his arm was far easier to spot and review by VAR than either Jesus v the Spuds and Boly’s. However for some bizarre reason it was allowed to stand, even Ali said he thought it wouldn’t be allowed but when Phil Neville and Chris Hughton analyse the play and come to the conclusion the goal was valid you know there there is a big problem.

Not really. Hughton is a former Spurs player. Neville seemed incapable of making up his own mind, and went with the balance of opinion of other pundits. I wouldn't give credence to either of their opinions on this particular incident.

After this weekend can there be any doubt that VAR ( or it's operation more like ) by our respected officials is the biggest fuck up ever conceived in order to ruin the game we all love ?

Surely the smug twats at PiGMOL cannot be allowed to continue to operate with this total shambles and pretend that it is working correctly.

Stevie Wonder would make do a better job of things than our referees . Twats to a man, PL and PiGMOL.

That's not even the argument, If Var wanted to help Liverpool out they had every opportunity right there and then, and no one would of questioned it.

Even the Mane one they could of allowed it and said fuck it were going all out to help the scousers.

It's as if folk can't come to terms with Var not overruling that decision as its completely knocked their theory on it's only here to benefit Liverpool

I even think some would of wanted it disallowed just to prove a point.

Fully agree with that. The Mane decision looked to me the exact same issue as the one we had against Spurs. A hint of hand ball that did nothing to alter the play but used to rule out an otherwise perfectly good goal. Its is a ridiculous use of the technology - Hand balls have always been very subjective and they have decided to take all the subjectivity out of it and make it very technical with any handball enough to rule out a goal (but still stick to the original approach when it is not a goal). Both those games were denied the correct outcome IMO. We did enough to bet spurs and the dippers did enough to beat the rags, VAR chalked of a goal in each.

I don't agree with the Aguero decision but it had no effect on the result so I won't lose any sleep.

Mike Riley was an appalling referee. He is totally incompetent and needs to be sacked. VAR is being used differently across the world. What is the point if it doesn't correct penalty decisions where the referee has got it wrong? What reason can there be for the ref not watching the video? At the moment VAR is being used mainly to chalk off goals for the slightest reasons. The Deli Ali goal was like basketball ffs. Watford could be relegated on the back of those two decisions but no one will stand up for the smaller clubs (who are being treated even worse than us) What a disgrace

Everyones moaning about the time taken for the ref to go to the monitor...Use the 4th official, he can make judgement calls, we can all see who it is making the decisions, just let the 4th official take a quick squint at the replay and make a call.

I think it’s now been proven that there is no consistency with the VAR decisions? That’s the biggest problem which opens the process up to the corruption accusations. The refs currently though are corrupt imo as we wouldn’t have got that penalty on Saturday as the ref had already give a goal kick

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.