Var debate 2019/20

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Chi-town blues, 17 Apr 2019.

1. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

I want VAR implemented the way rugby union implements it. I will swallow any shit that comes my way after I have heard WTF they are checking, why they are checking and I can see exactly the same bit of celluloid they are scrutinising! The fiasco at Haringey on Saturday when they clearly pressed the wrong button and indicated no goal and then changed it just shows they are don't know what they're doin'!

blueju and hammocity like this.
  2. hammocity

hammocity

Against any other team the VAR decisions could have been different. I’m not paranoid but it’s obvious, why did the VAR officials go back 12 seconds to find an offside decision against Chelsea when they were playing the Dippers? I’ve not seen it in any other game.

3. trevorriley

trevorriley

another fine mess

4. Marvin

Marvin

You're kidding yourself if you think the decisions on Saturday were correct:KDB was a penalty. Deulofeu was a pen. Alli was handball. Seemed every game was marred by VAR controversy.

5. Churchlawtonblue

Churchlawtonblue

Agree entirely, Just a shame they couldn't actually see that the pass that Wales actually scored the winning try from was slightly forward. Even tho, it is still much better in its implementation that in the PL, its still not fool proof.

6. hammocity

hammocity

I was referring to the “Wolves” got fucked over by VAR post not Saturdays general VAR decisions, I agree with all three of your assessments.

And chuck in the Burnley goal being disallowed by VAR which was clearly wrong.

7. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

That's it, Trevor. I just fuckin' knew Jonny Moss reminded me of someone - it's Oliver fuckin' 'Ardy!

8. willipp

willipp

There will always be controversial decisions even with VAR, but so far this season I’d say there have just been a load of utterly unexplainable decisions. I’d love to hear the conversation that the ref and the VAR person had when discussing that Watford pen. Did he really say that it wasn’t a foul? If he did, he should be outed and sacked. They get to hide behind the silence of it all and hence ‘VAR’ becomes the problem and not the people sitting behind it.

9. blue cigar

blue cigar

That's the one I don't get, if that was chalked off then utds should have been as well, dyche must be foaming at the mouth. As for kdb, that is a foul anywhere else on the pitch, as clear as day

10. bluemc1

bluemc1

I wanted VAR but that’s cos I thought it would be used properly, you know, ref makes mistake VAR spots it and gives correct decision
    The amount of decisions we had that I was thinking VAR and we win that
    The Sane cross v Arsenal in semi final and the Ashley Young on Aguero penalty in 2-3 at our place were a joke and felt it sorts it all out, the worrying thing is that we now know that if the Young penalty goes to VAR it would have made zero difference
    In its current format it needs fucking off and it’s making the game a laughing stock

for me the VAR room should NOT watch the match or know what decision the ref has given, asked to look at just the incident and give their decision

100% for me when VAR look at incident they should not know what decisions already been made
    cheat your way out of that