Var debate 2019/20

Because he didn’t see that. It was entirely his fault in terms of his own interpretation of the handball yesterday.

I agree with you on this. The incidents aren't the same.

Spurs it wasn't seen, and the laws are interpreted that it created a GSO, and therefore the goal was disallowed. In that incident, a strike on the arm of an attacker should (if reffed properly) cause a 'no goal' outcome.

Sunday it was a defender not an attacker, and the onfield ref makes a decision as to whether it is handball or not. VAR can advise, but the onfield ref can take or leave that advice.

Because he didn’t see that. It was entirely his fault in terms of his own interpretation of the handball yesterday.
Disagree mate. If Var checks every goal then two handballs in the build up, one leading directly to the pass that created Liverpool’s break leaving city players upfield appealing, should’ve resulted in the game being pulled back. I imagine the twats in stock let park laughing their cocks off as they chose not to interfere in an incident that allegedly this tech was created to resolve.

What the fuck you on about? Your post makes no sense in reply to mine?
It does because you’re suggesting there’s a better version of VAR available. There simply isn’t because any version is just a human making a decision once removed but it is still a human. Some on here think VAR can erase human error it can’t because it is still dependent on human decision making not just when they watch a replay but what to watch and from where to watch it. It’s the easiest way to control and manipulate the sport ever. It is a complete farce.

I’ve posted this before, but surely the technology is there (or thereabouts) for offsides to be determined exclusively via that means and thus taking the human element completely out of the equation.

It may require some tinkering around the ages of what constitutes being offside, with particular reference to what part of the body to include and exclude and how the ball being played forward is clearly defined, and it may also mean chipping players’ boots, and installing many more cameras, but it’s surely got to be possible, given current technological levels and would be one less thing for match officials to need to consider.

I’ve posted this before, but surely the technology is there (or thereabouts) for offsides to be determined exclusively via that means and thus taking the human element completely out of the equation.

It may require some tinkering around the ages of what constitutes being offside, with particular reference to what part of the body to include and exclude and how the ball being played forward is clearly defined, and it may also mean chipping players’ boots, and installing many more cameras, but it’s surely got to be possible, given current technological levels and would be one less thing for match officials to need to consider.

If the objective is fair and unbiased decisions. Do you think that is the objective? I am far from sure that it is.

The way VAR has been implemented, in stark contrast to the situation in cricket, tennis etc, leads me to believe that it is actually a sham. Paying lip service to those wanting fairness, but with the covert agenda of being able to slant the playing field as they desire.

It’s not VAR that is wank, it’s the orchestrated use of the laws to fck us over.

look at Rugby, it’s clear & honest.

the rules are applied & communicated, var with s the same in both but the people who apply the rules are corrupt.
rugby seems to have it right, still think football is too fast for var ,and as for the goals how the fuck can they use something that takes away the whole point of football,its wank,nobody will make me change my mind on that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.