Var debate 2019/20

That's got me thinking. The decisions should be able to be made as normal at Stockley Park but those decisions cannot be conveyed to the crowd in the normal way. Completely off the top of my head l cannot recall matches being stoppeded whilst the match ref waits for orders and decisions are given on tv very quickly although not always with proof (Salah).

So l dont know the answer but l do know it smells worse than a camels arse hole.

I've yet to see any game or highlights of games at Anfield or Old Trafford where the game is stopped to check, the ref pointing to his ear, tv replays of tight decisions/penaltys, grid lines with vertical dotted lines to players etc etc etc.

Its clear why we have yet to see it as well.

I've yet to see any game or highlights of games at Anfield or Old Trafford where the game is stopped to check, the ref pointing to his ear, tv replays of tight decisions/penaltys, grid lines with vertical dotted lines to players etc etc etc.

Well penalties at those grounds are a lot simpler to call and not subjective to clear and obvious high bar bollocks, Is the attacker wearing red? Yes= pen, No = No pen.

Its clear why we have yet to see it as well.[/QUOTE

Yes you would think in the absence of the big screen the ref would have to be very obvious
miming to communicate what was going on. I cannot believe all goals at the two grounds were so obvious that they got instant var decisions. Salah against us certainly was doubly contentious

Is it really the case that VAR isn't available at either Anfield or Old Trafford? I know I read somewhere something about neither having a screen but surely that cant be the reason why it's not being used!?

It is a genuine question by the way, however absurd it sounds.

If they dont have VAR how are they allowed to play in the premiership under different rules............oh wait !

Is it really the case that VAR isn't available at either Anfield or Old Trafford? I know I read somewhere something about neither having a screen but surely that cant be the reason why it's not being used!?

It is a genuine question by the way, however absurd it sounds.

I reckon it's rubbish, a consequence of fan Chinese whispers creating something that isn't true. There is no way that clubs would accept two away grounds which did not allow VAR.

It'll be being used as normal, and the screen isn't important for the VAR process (it's there to inform those in the ground).

When City played Liverpool, there were a couple of instances where Oliver made the usual VAR movements (hand to the ear, etc) - notwithstanding how well or what was applied.
Also at Old Trafford when Liverpool played there, there was definitely a long stoppage regarding whether a Liverpool player had been found.

I saw the var lines at old trafford last week for the villa game think it was the grealish offside one
So they do have just choose not to use it

every game its something else ? but truly its beating yourself up over it, and if the so called big 2 clubs in england are happy with it then its staying like it or not, what we have to do is take it out of there hands in our games and just win more games by taking a bigger percentage of our chances and out score teams, just like burnley the other night, city won 4.1 and the officials and VAR could not do anything about it, that's the only way city can go forward in the future by winning by 3 or 4 goals

that's what happen in the last 2 seasons we just battered teams and goals and points nobody come close over the 2 season, if you add both up together even liverpool was 26 points behind and a shit load of goals behind, so we know it can work and know we can do it, the only thing is bad luck and injuries like this season, but nothing is won just yet and if we keep up that level we played vs burnley then we should be right in the mix

No mention of the best defender in the world ever getting away with giving a pen away, a sending off and a ban for a straight red anywhere in the media?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.