VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24

In the still of the rags offside it looks like the Coventry player is moving away from goal (or at least leaning) and Bissaka is running toward goal.
I wonder what percentage of a second it takes for foot position to change?

What people sometimes forget is that if you are running at, say 10 kms per hour, your non-standing leg is actually moving at closer to 20 kms per hour. Unless you are jumping with your ankles tied together. So whatever % you think it is, you can almost halve it for leg movement.

So 1/50 of a second can mean a leg movement of 5-10 cms for around half a stride pattern, even at a brisk walking pace (if I did my maths right). Personally, I don't believe even the new SAOT is able to get that level of accuracy.

But I am open to being convinced (same issue with the goal line tech actually, nice graphic but I struggle with its accuracy to the mm tbh. Maybe that camera has a higher fps?).

Last edited:
After all the drama yesterday, I'm still trying to get my head around it all today, It's crazy really.

I was reading articles on what Carragher and Neville had to say regarding the Nottingham Forest penalty claims. Now, Instead of going into the penalty claims that should have been awarded, They don't!

They instead attack Nottingham Forest FC and the statement that they released, Why? It's all Sky Sports and Pundits and Propaganda...
Why didn't they "back" Nottingham Forest FC and say "Come on PGMOL let's hear what you've to say as to why Nottingham Forest haven't been awarded blatant penalties, Along with the truth behind Stuart Atwell".

Then they go on to say that Mark Clattenburg should "Resign", This isn't the first time that they've said that a staff member from football clubs OR managers "should resign". How fucking dare they say something like that, Who the fuck are those pair of cunts to tell somebody to resign! Carragher and Neville telling somebody to resign, Really?? Wow.

As for the Coventry disallowed goal, It's blatant cheating, Just like the Nottingham Forest game. It's cheating! We all know that Wright was onside...

How on earth the officiating in this country can get away with it is crazy! Coventry like Nottingham Forest are well within their right to release a statement looking for answers as to why they were "cheated" out of an FA Cup Final.

Football is shit, It's fucked and it can simply Fuck Off.
Sky will follow a narrative depending on certain teams,the Nottingham forest one from sky and them two shits is a disgrace let’s go back to the Liverpool wrongly ruled out goal against spurs and look at the difference in reporting..

How does this great VAR offside tech work, out of interest? I don't mean in principle. I mean in detail.

For example: what is the resolution of the VAR cameras? How accurately is the kick point determined? What are the 29 data points? How are the data from the data points collected? How, and how accurately, is data interpolated between frames? How are the graphics drawn and what is the error tolerance?

You may think these aren't important questions, but if SAOT is being sold on improved accuracy, we should be able to convince ourselves that such accuracy exists and we shouldn't be fooled by a nice graphic showing a perfectly accurate position if the underlying system has accuracy flaws. Don't forget the accuracy paradox: the more accurate you try to be, the more variables you are opening up that can be inaccurate. Also don't forget that leg movement in 1/100 of a second can be 5-10 cm.
Howard will be along soon with some bullshit after manipulating the voice over

Sky will follow a narrative depending on certain teams,the Nottingham forest one from sky and them two shits is a disgrace let’s go back to the Liverpool wrongly ruled out goal against spurs and look at the difference in reporting..
Now that you mention it mate...Funny how he didn't call for PGMOL to release the audio yesterday eh?

Screenshot_20240422_151512_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240422_151548_Chrome.jpg

Sky, with Neville and Carragher, as well as BBC with Shearer towards Pep, will always protect themselves and their product. Anything that jeopardises that is instantaneously attacked.

There is no integrity where the brand is concerned, it comes before everything, even the product it purports to represent.

In the still of the rags offside it looks like the Coventry player is moving away from goal (or at least leaning) and Bissaka is running toward goal.
I wonder what percentage of a second it takes for foot position to change?
If you asked Webb that question on yesterday's incident he probably reply "about an hour"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.