VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24

Before we condemn Forest we should see if they have any evidence that Atwell is biased. I have no faith in Atwell after the Derby last year. They still haven’t released the audio for that.

Clattenberg was correct in what he said, why didn’t he send the ref over to the screen? It’s very sinister that Neville is saying Clattenberg should resign from his consultancy role with Forest when what he has stated is absolutely right. I wonder what his take would have been if someone had been saying this on behalf of his beloved rags?

.maybe if sly sports started calling out the refs and VAR for their incompetence, bias, etc we might see an improvement instead of having Howard Webb on every week praising them, he should be calling them out, it's no coincidence the standard has gotten worse since he took over.

I was listening to talkSPORT yesterday and Danny Kelly i think it was on there said he knows a very well respected cinematographer claimed these clowns using VAR aren’t even using the right technology and it’s impossible to call offsides with what there using
The fuckers are just making it up as they go along and wonder why clubs are getting pissed off
This is the crucial point. The tech is not accurate for a decision based on a few millimetres because of the frame speed. So these very marginal decisions can’t be trusted. The way VAR is used must take account of the margin of error.

As i have said previously its very sinister how ratboy and spitty have started refereeing games by proxy, how many times on sunday during the fulham vs dippers game did an incident happen and ratboy just went nah theres nothing in that and the coverage was immediately moved on , whereas during the dippers game against us he was like ooh i think doku could be in trouble here and it was replayed about 84 times in desperate attempt to drive the narrative.

Neville is saying that clattenburg should resign from forest for stating a fact but sits quite comfortably at sky which he uses as his own personal propaganda channel, its a bit pot kettle back, the bigger problem for me is the way the press and the fa immediately went into overdrive saying that forest were wrong, clattenburg was wrong, nothing to see here and forest and clattenburg should be charged, sacked et al and the bigger question is why, there is clearly incompetence at best in attwells decisions but the immediate response is to mock forest whereas an actual response would be we understand your concerns we do not think there is any foundation to them with regards to our refs integrity but we have a duty of care to look into them and to try and uphold the best standards of refereeing available and whether you believe in conspiracy or not, it is plain to see that attwell is quite simply not fit for purpose, multiple high profile mistakes in multiple high profile games, not adhering to the laws of the game correctly and yet he still continues to ref and that alone is why pgmol should be looked at it because conspiracy theories or no conspiracy theories these refs are simply incompetent and pgmol is allowing that.

Clattenberg was correct in what he said, why didn’t he send the ref over to the screen? It’s very sinister that Neville is saying Clattenberg should resign from his consultancy role with Forest when what he has stated is absolutely right. I wonder what his take would have been if someone had been saying this on behalf of his beloved rags?
The media have turned on the Forest owner en mass. Is it because he is not English or American? Let’s wait for the evidence before we have a witch-hunt against Forest. What does Clattenberg know about Attwell? As I said let’s hear the audio first. We never heard one from Old Trafford last season. That time Attwell overruled the linesman who raised his flag And didn’t even look at the screen. Still no explanation. Rashford was ten yards offside and shielded the ball for Fernandez. He didn’t take himself out of play. No subjectivity here.

As i have said previously its very sinister how ratboy and spitty have started refereeing games by proxy, how many times on sunday during the fulham vs dippers game did an incident happen and ratboy just went nah theres nothing in that and the coverage was immediately moved on , whereas during the dippers game against us he was like ooh i think doku could be in trouble here and it was replayed about 84 times in desperate attempt to drive the narrative.

Neville is saying that clattenburg should resign from forest for stating a fact but sits quite comfortably at sky which he uses as his own personal propaganda channel, its a bit pot kettle back, the bigger problem for me is the way the press and the fa immediately went into overdrive saying that forest were wrong, clattenburg was wrong, nothing to see here and forest and clattenburg should be charged, sacked et al and the bigger question is why, there is clearly incompetence at best in attwells decisions but the immediate response is to mock forest whereas an actual response would be we understand your concerns we do not think there is any foundation to them with regards to our refs integrity but we have a duty of care to look into them and to try and uphold the best standards of refereeing available and whether you believe in conspiracy or not, it is plain to see that attwell is quite simply not fit for purpose, multiple high profile mistakes in multiple high profile games, not adhering to the laws of the game correctly and yet he still continues to ref and that alone is why pgmol should be looked at it because conspiracy theories or no conspiracy theories these refs are simply incompetent and pgmol is allowing that.
Defo agree with what you said about Neville and when he says nothing to see here, the cameraman and sports editor obviously follows his lead and it's ignored. I've seen that countless times watching games and funnily enough it never happens when the red mardarses are playing.
Everyone can see through the bullshit whereas sky sports think that we're all blind.

This is the crucial point. The tech is not accurate for a decision based on a few millimetres because of the frame speed. So these very marginal decisions can’t be trusted. The way VAR is used must take account of the margin of error.
This!

When it is so close they should give the on field decision. But because it was united and over half of PiGMOL fawn over them they could not bring themselves to allow the goal to stand.

Defo agree with what you said about Neville and when he says nothing to see here, the cameraman and sports editor obviously follows his lead and it's ignored. I've seen that countless times watching games and funnily enough it never happens when the red mardarses are playing.
Everyone can see through the bullshit whereas sky sports think that we're all blind.
The media are influencing decisions by officials. Some incidents are scrutinised and others are not. Why are fans not shown how the VAR process works at Stockley Park. We are the paying customers. It is clear that conversations are happening between officials and broadcasters while play is happening. The TV people get an early steer on decisions for starters. That can only happen if something comes out of Stockley Park.

The media are influencing decisions by officials. Some incidents are scrutinised and others are not. Why are fans not shown how the VAR process works at Stockley Park. We are the paying customers. It is clear that conversations are happening between officials and broadcasters while play is happening. The TV people get an early steer on decisions for starters. That can only happen if something comes out of Stockley Park.
I have always said that until the audio is available and played there will always be questions as to how decisions are come to and their validity, if there is nothing to hide, there is no reason not to play the audio between the officials, in every sport it is available, in rugby league and union you hear the reasoning, in all american sports calls are explained to the fans but the pl steadfastly refuse to budge and questions have to be asked why this is so.

it just consistently makes it look like they have something to hide or that the decisions are not made in a fair and honest manner and while that suspicion is there and the incompetence remains there will always be questions can you imagine in any other business if officials said right this is the decision, you may not understand and you may not like it but we damn sure aint explaining it to you or telling you how we go there, it just wouldnt happen but we are just supposed to accept that in a multi billion pound industry who we are consistently told is at the cutting edge of tech, finance and the biggest sport in the world yet we as fans are supposed to accept that our teams fortunes can rise and fall at the behest of a single person sat in a room far away from the pitch with zero explanation, its ludicrous.

I have always said that until the audio is available and played there will always be questions as to how decisions are come to and their validity, if there is nothing to hide, there is no reason not to play the audio between the officials, in every sport it is available, in rugby league and union you hear the reasoning, in all american sports calls are explained to the fans but the pl steadfastly refuse to budge and questions have to be asked why this is so.

it just consistently makes it look like they have something to hide or that the decisions are not made in a fair and honest manner and while that suspicion is there and the incompetence remains there will always be questions can you imagine in any other business if officials said right this is the decision, you may not understand and you may not like it but we damn sure aint explaining it to you or telling you how we go there, it just wouldnt happen but we are just supposed to accept that in a multi billion pound industry who we are consistently told is at the cutting edge of tech, finance and the biggest sport in the world yet we as fans are supposed to accept that our teams fortunes can rise and fall at the behest of a single person sat in a room far away from the pitch with zero explanation, its ludicrous.
Spot-on. No transparency means no trust and secrecy corrupts. We have seen it in every aspect of life in recent years, the latest being the Post Office scandal. What have they got to hide?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.