VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24

All of us saw this coming, each and every single one of us, genuine football fans (not those plastic fickle rag/dipper followers who wouldn't know the UK on a map). The way the whole Sly set up has been consistently kow-towing to the redshirts it was inevitable that it would explode in their faces...eventually. And this is precisely what we are seeing here. The sport used to be for us, the supporters, but Sly hijacked it and turned into the fucking Super Bowl: razzamatazz and cheer-leaders, Hollywood style ticker-tape parades and all the rest of the showbiz bullshit.
Pgmol have been manipulating results so that their favourites will always be in and around the top six and in Cup Finals at Wembley for decades to come.

I began to get suspicious when that vile pisscan was at the rags and somehow or other every 50/50 decision benefitted the vermin. Ginger pig being applauded for two-footed lunges on opposition players, and the likes of Tyler and Andy Gray sniggering and saying things like "Paul's back. Good ol' Scholesy."
You'd see the Govan despot striding along the touchline, eager to launch an abusive tirade against an official because something hasn't gone his way, and Sly encouraging it all.

The focus right now is on the whole Forest thing, rightly so: but it's also conveniently covering up the fact that Coventry City were robbed of a cup final place in favour of the verminous rags.
Great post as usual

Forest didn’t ask for him to be removed from the match. There is a set procedure for clubs to express their concerns about appointments and Forest didn’t use it. Just as they didn’t on other occasions when Atwell has been involved in matches involving relegation threatened teams.

They were clearly waiting with their little Tweet for the right opportunity to fire it off. If the Everton game had passed without incident, it would still be in their draft Tweets, ready for another day.
I thought Forest said that they'd raised concerns about Atwell ahead of that game on Sunday?

For me, whether they did or didn't is irrelevant. If one of the officials supports a team that is in a direct battle with one of the teams that is playing then there's not a chance they should be on the roster for that game in the first place. And didn't City get an official removed from a game at the back end of our 2011/12 title-winning season for that exact reason? I can't remember who it was - might've been Mason. Perhaps @Prestwich_Blue can clarify?

Tbh I hope the PL twat forest and their owner. Iv seen the replays and they were nowhere near as bad (mistakes) as the headlines. But their owner Marinakis (how the fuck he ended up owning a PL club when all the moan about is City owners I don't know) but he's brought in clattenburg for exactly these headlines about 'ex ref says decisions were wrong".

It's more political bullshit And is something, again, that didn't happen as much, if at all, without VAR.

Ditch VAR. Ditch Marinakis. That guy is a criminal plain and simple.

Hard to argue with any of that. Funny to see the PL in trouble again, though ....

Forest didn’t ask for him to be removed from the match. There is a set procedure for clubs to express their concerns about appointments and Forest didn’t use it. Just as they didn’t on other occasions when Atwell has been involved in matches involving relegation threatened teams.

They were clearly waiting with their little Tweet for the right opportunity to fire it off. If the Everton game had passed without incident, it would still be in their draft Tweets, ready for another day.

What's the procedure?

I thought Forest said that they'd raised concerns about Atwell ahead of that game on Sunday?

For me, whether they did or didn't is irrelevant. If one of the officials supports a team that is in a direct battle with one of the teams that is playing then there's not a chance they should be on the roster for that game in the first place. And didn't City get an official removed from a game at the back end of our 2011/12 title-winning season for that exact reason? I can't remember who it was - might've been Mason. Perhaps @Prestwich_Blue can clarify?
We had other reasons for asking for Mason to be removed. ;-) although his name came up in a different and more relevant context.

Mike Riley specifically said, in a meeting with the Points of Blue group in April 2012, that referee appointments should avoid any conflicts of interest.

Just before that meeting Mason reffed a Utd v QPR game, where he'd made a really bad decision. Ashley Young came from an offside position, then dived for a penalty, which also led to a mandatory red card for Shaun Derry for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.

QPR were obviously in a relegation battle with (among others) Bolton. Mason was registered with PGMOL as a Bolton fan and it was pointed out to Riley that this was a clear conflict of interest. You could see from his face that this had never occurred to him. If Attwell is a Luton fan, then it's clear that either lessons have not been learned or (more likely) PGMOL don't give a fuck.

I think it's coming in next season isn't it? Unfortunately, if you're a Coventry fan that's about 4 months too late

It shows how bad things are with VAR when on Sunday Forest are feeling aggrieved by 3 decisions and then a major one in a Fa cup semi which reprieved the rags being dumped out by a championship side.

The media are influencing decisions by officials. Some incidents are scrutinised and others are not. Why are fans not shown how the VAR process works at Stockley Park. We are the paying customers. It is clear that conversations are happening between officials and broadcasters while play is happening. The TV people get an early steer on decisions for starters. That can only happen if something comes out of Stockley Park.
How hard would it be to put a television programme together which explain the VAR process (a "who does what and when") with past examples (probably best not to use controversial decisions for this) being played out in "real time" for the viewer to understand what happens and who is actually involved?

It might even help the useless fuckers tighten their protocols and start using 'semi-scripted' professional language in readiness for when they're eventually hopefully broadcast live.

We had other reasons for asking for Mason to be removed. ;-) although his name came up in a different and more relevant context.

Mike Riley specifically said, in a meeting with the Points of Blue group in April 2012, that referee appointments should avoid any conflicts of interest.

Just before that meeting Mason reffed a Utd v QPR game, where he'd made a really bad decision. Ashley Young came from an offside position, then dived for a penalty, which also led to a mandatory red card for Shaun Derry for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.

QPR were obviously in a relegation battle with (among others) Bolton. Mason was registered with PGMOL as a Bolton fan and it was pointed out to Riley that this was a clear conflict of interest. You could see from his face that this had never occurred to him. If Attwell is a Luton fan, then it's clear that either lessons have not been learned or (more likely) PGMOL don't give a fuck.
It's obvious they DGAF with the way they are administering the refereeing of the game - More smoke and mirrors than Harry Houdini these cnuts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.