VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

We need more of the reffing in the Reading vs Rags women’s match. The referee gave Reading a penalty for one of the rag defenders heading a free kick out for a corner.

We need more of the reffing in the Reading vs Rags women’s match. The referee gave Reading a penalty for one of the rag defenders heading a free kick out for a corner.

Funny thing was, unlike any other rag team I have ever seen, they didn't immediately tear arse into the refs face and spew all kinds of invective. I thought it must have got a nibble on a hand or arm?

Funny thing was, unlike any other rag team I have ever seen, they didn't immediately tear arse into the refs face and spew all kinds of invective. I thought it must have got a nibble on a hand or arm?

If you watch the clip, it comes off her forehead and is nowhere near either arm. Awful decision in pretty much any context, but correct given it was against the rags.

This game just illustrated again, if it were ever needed, that the model that the PL is using is either not fit for purpose or not being used with any eye nor ear on the LotG. Why do we go on for two minutes before the VAR whelk vendor, Kevin Friend this time, is brought into the frame? And if it states in the LotG that goalkeepers are not allowed to move onefucking angstrom from their line, do we see with the use of VAR that it is being ignored on nigh on every fuckin pen that's saved. We should have had a retake on that alone, and then Lloris could have kicked off and got a yellow without involving a dozen and a half pros in unsightly rough-house. I detect a certain amount of manipulation bordering on cheating.

This game just illustrated again, if it were ever needed, that the model that the PL is using is either not fit for purpose or not being used with any eye nor ear on the LotG. Why do we go on for two minutes before the VAR whelk vendor, Kevin Friend this time, is brought into the frame? And if it states in the LotG that goalkeepers are not allowed to move onefucking angstrom from their line, do we see with the use of VAR that it is being ignored on nigh on every fuckin pen that's saved. We should have had a retake on that alone, and then Lloris could have kicked off and got a yellow without involving a dozen and a half pros in unsightly rough-house. I detect a certain amount of manipulation bordering on cheating.

With regards to the penalty, VAR check it and the result is given to the referee to implement when the ball goes dead. It didn’t for the 2 mins following the incident. It hadn’t even gone out of play when Dean gave the penalty, but had been passed back to Ederson, so that’s why it took so long.

I think VAR will get involved with keepers being on their line from next season, but it was decided following the Women’s World Cup dramas that it wouldn’t be involved this season.

If VAR is used next season I will think seriously about following football.

Nvm the bias or conspiracies, the thing has been implemented in such a way that we have EVEN LESS idea what any given decision will be, and we are getting MORE errors than when there was just the ref.

It's been a travesty of changed rules, rules being ignored, delays, confusion and it's clear they are never going to go away no matter what they do to it.

Sure it had worked and that is brilliant when it does but I would argue it has got more things wrong than right.

If VAR is used next season I will think seriously about following football.

Nvm the bias or conspiracies, the thing has been implemented in such a way that we have EVEN LESS idea what any given decision will be, and we are getting MORE errors than when there was just the ref.

It's been a travesty of changed rules, rules being ignored, delays, confusion and it's clear they are never going to go away no matter what they do to it.

Sure it had worked and that is brilliant when it does but I would argue it has got more things wrong than right.

There is little doubt it will be in operation next season. This season the application has been shockingly bad (or corrupt depending upon your viewpoint), but to my mind it has improved in recent weeks, albeit this statement is made from watching mainly our games with a few others thrown in.

I'm not saying it's right, or even close to right, but it appears to be going in the right direction. There is still much to be done to make it acceptable, some actions are easier than others to implement, for example goalkeepers straying off the line is easy. Others require a change in thinking, or even a(nother) change to the laws of the game eg the so called armpit offside, but those, with the right will, are achievable over the close season.

The third category of change is the hardest to implement, not for any reason other than the lack of will to do so, and that is visibility and accountability. I've said before that the rugby approach should be applied in that refs are mic'd up and we see what they see. That would be a start, but it's unlikely to happen in the immediate future

With regards to the penalty, VAR check it and the result is given to the referee to implement when the ball goes dead. It didn’t for the 2 mins following the incident. It hadn’t even gone out of play when Dean gave the penalty, but had been passed back to Ederson, so that’s why it took so long.

I think VAR will get involved with keepers being on their line from next season, but it was decided following the Women’s World Cup dramas that it wouldn’t be involved this season.

So if it doesn't go 'dead' until the ref blows for HT or FT the penalty would be given, but because the games over the team awarded the kick only get one go at it, no rebounds, etc! A shambles. "Stop the game, Michael, stop the fuckin' game! it's a pen! Yer missed it yer useless pillock." "Sorry Kevin, I can't stop the game until the balls gone dead!" "Well, get some fucker to kick it out, or do what yer do for 50% of the game - make it up! Blow for one of yer fictitous fouls!" It manipulates the LotG or ignores them so that VAR can be 'better' implemented! If a specific law is published by FIFA then it should be implemented! But I think we have referees since the dawn of the game who have ignored the LotG because they didn't like the controversy that might ensue when they implemented them as they were writtten.

I'm not sure what the problem is with what happened, discounting any delay in getting the answer from VAR.
As the ball didn't go out of play, neither side was inconvenienced unfairly, and Dean blowing just got on with the game. The average time for VAR is something like 80 seconds.

So if it doesn't go 'dead' until the ref blows for HT or FT the penalty would be given, but because the games over the team awarded the kick only get one go at it, no rebounds, etc! A shambles. "Stop the game, Michael, stop the fuckin' game! it's a pen! Yer missed it yer useless pillock." "Sorry Kevin, I can't stop the game until the balls gone dead!" "Well, get some fucker to kick it out, or do what yer do for 50% of the game - make it up! Blow for one of yer fictitous fouls!" It manipulates the LotG or ignores them so that VAR can be 'better' implemented! If a specific law is published by FIFA then it should be implemented! But I think we have referees since the dawn of the game who have ignored the LotG because they didn't like the controversy that might ensue when they implemented them as they were writtten.

Yes. There was a game in Germany that the players had gone in for half time and were called back out for a penalty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.