VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

Pep has changed his view of VAR!

I don't know whether the media will pick this up and run with it but Pep was asked about what he thought of VAR in the post-match press conference and he said with emphasis that "He WAS a fan of VAR, and hopes to be in the future".

The implication is clear. City are pressing for change in the Summer and are expecting it.

Ceferin was there. I know people don't like UEFA but they can not be happy with it. I don't think refs deliberately sit down and try and do City over but they marginally favour a few clubs and it makes all the difference. You just cannot argue with the decisions we are getting.

The quality of decision making is not good enough to justify stopping the game, and at worst it's introducing more bias not less.

Who do most fans suspect of being the recipients of favourable bias? Man Utd and Liverpool. And no surprise under VAR these sides are getting all the decisions. Man Utd have an extraordinary 8 pens in their favour this season.

The Times sport headlines (see BBC gossip back pages) are leading on changes to the offside rule and VAR.

That's not good enough. We want rid of it full stop.

Last edited:
The referee had an excellent game and allowed it to flow, some tackles were borderline but he just waved play on. I don’t think he saw the elbow on Rodri so the VAR people should have alerted him which didn’t appear to happen.

We are definitely treated differently to other teams both in Europe and domestically, and it stinks.

The referee had an excellent game and allowed it to flow, some tackles were borderline but he just waved play on. I don’t think he saw the elbow on Rodri so the VAR people should have alerted him which didn’t appear to happen.

We are definitely treated differently to other teams both in Europe and domestically, and it stinks.

Foden was hacked all game with his blessing, the elbow was a a fucking disgrace, are you on the uefa refereeing standards committee by any chance if he had an excellent game?

Referee had an excellent game did he , your credibility gone in one sentence .

Foden was hacked all game with his blessing, the elbow was a a fucking disgrace, are you on the uefa refereeing standards committee by any chance if he had an excellent game?
Just an opinion mate, he could have easily blown up for the foul on Foden before our first goal and didn't. I think by the standard of referees we have had to put up with, he on the whole was not too bad.

Correct, just before City's first goal Foden was fouled by one guy and two-footed by another at the same time.

Ceferin on VAR and offside. These comments sound very familiar!

"It is a real issue that, with offside, the key lines that dictate a decision are drawn manually with technology that cannot deliver the precision that is sometimes claimed.

"I have consistently said that there needs to be a tolerance that reflects the margin for error in the system."

Just an opinion mate, he could have easily blown up for the foul on Foden before our first goal and didn't. I think by the standard of referees we have had to put up with, he on the whole was not too bad.

Ah not too bad we could have agreed on! which shows our low expectations ;-)

VAR officials are just another layer of incompetence. They should bin the whole thing off and each team get a review opportunity each half, simple.

If the review is successful then you don't lose it.

This would take away all need for VAR idiots in a CCTV room somewhere, just a geeky kid in the stadium who can do the replay stuff if needed and the ref does all reviews at pitch side.

The whole point of VAR was to take away the 'did you see what they missed' conversations at work the next day or in the studio, none of us want these ridiculous offside decisions when the argument is where an armpit starts, for pities sake.

So, in short, bring in the cricket version.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.