VAR (PL introduction 2019)

I think there has been mission creep with this,it was supposed to be clear and obvious error but now they are reviewing if a players big toe nail is offside,that is different to how it was intended to be used,it's that and endless booting at defenders arms that is going to spoil the game,i was for but now i am against

Too much needless use. If the refs can't use the courage of their convictions, the game is fucked.

Too much needless use. If the refs can't use the courage of their convictions, the game is fucked.

how can (clear and obvious mistake) be 1cm or 2cm offside and you have to let them go for the good of the referee or why else is the there

thinking about it from last season and the cup games and europe the ref is going to be useless and will be using VAR for everything in the premier league, even in the friendly game vs wolves sterling was fouled twice in the box and if (VAR) was in play pen for city and also city asked for pen for hand ball by the wolves player in the box again if (VAR) was in play pen to city even a stone wall red card for a foul on B.silva ?? that is 3 major plays in a friendly game so good luck with VAR in the premier league

VAR was always going to review offsides, they weren’t covered under clear and obvious as you are either on or offside, however close it is. Problem for this is selecting the correct frame which I don’t think is always happening. The clear and obvious seems to have gone out of the window and the FA need to come out and state exactly how VAR will be used. No grey areas just very clear instructions so that everyone knows what to expect

how can (clear and obvious mistake) be 1cm or 2cm offside and you have to let them go for the good of the referee or why else is the there

thinking about it from last season and the cup games and europe the ref is going to be useless and will be using VAR for everything in the premier league, even in the friendly game vs wolves sterling was fouled twice in the box and if (VAR) was in play pen for city and also city asked for pen for hand ball by the wolves player in the box again if (VAR) was in play pen to city even a stone wall red card for a foul on B.silva ?? that is 3 major plays in a friendly game so good luck with VAR in the premier league

The point is a ref and assistants are appointed as the officials and should be allowed to referee the game. If any of the officials are not sure about something,
then they should be allowed to use VAR. This VAR refereeing the game too, is bollocks. The ref should tell them to fuck off and that
he is officiating the game.

The point is a ref and assistants are appointed as the officials and should be allowed to referee the game. If any of the officials are not sure about something,
then they should be allowed to use VAR. This VAR refereeing the game too, is bollocks. The ref should tell them to fuck off and that
End of the game as we’ve known it .

End of the game as we’ve known it .

Afraid so. All this stop start, and most of the time calls are that close we're still not sure if the call is right.
Although people will STILL argue either way. So what's changed ? Apart from a load of fiasco that is ruining the game
as a spectator sport.

your right the match officials should be aloud to referee the game in the old way unless they is a clear and obvious mistake ?? and we are not talking about center metres offside and then VAR gets involved ?? it should be over looked and just play on with giving the referee benefit of doubt, and don't get me started on hand ball its going to be crazy every match players calling for pens because a player has jumped up for the ball and hits his arm off somebody back ??

your right the match officials should be aloud to referee the game in the old way unless they is a clear and obvious mistake ?? and we are not talking about center metres offside and then VAR gets involved ?? it should be over looked and just play on with giving the referee benefit of doubt, and don't get me started on hand ball its going to be crazy every match players calling for pens because a player has jumped up for the ball and hits his arm off somebody back ??
Dippers got 15 offside goals last season,you want that to carry on?

Dippers got 15 offside goals last season,you want that to carry on?

if its close like a couple of center metres and the linesman and referee missed it then yes let it go ?? let the VAR team get involved with the obvious mistake like a big offside but can VAR be 100% right with video replays if the camera's not really bang inline ??? so that's why am saying let the close ones go

but the new hand ball rules are going to kill the game ? and the referee and match official are going to get the shit from the fans with VAR make the choice and i can see it only lasting a couple of games and teams calling for a review and law change by the premier league, last season in the champions league was shocking their handball rule is just about the worst thing ever to happen to football and the law is a joke, and god help the goalkeepers with pens this season ?? i see the premier leaguue have already backed down on the goal line rule for keepers with VAR and they have said they will not review the keepers hahahaha

going back to your question yes liverpool did benefit from not having VAR in the premier league but still finished 2nd hahahahahhahahaha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.