VAR (PL introduction 2019)

You do realise that the bent decision making machine which does everything possible to enhance the success of its two favourite global cash-cows (rags and Liverpool) is the same machine that will be responsible for how VAR is applied?

We its the only chance we have right now to see if it improves things...

As above, in the next break of play is totally fine... Corrected a clear injustice.
So when we score a goal after a long series of passes in a move that started with Ederson picking up a loose ball, you are fine with it if the tape is rolled back and a penalty awarded against us because of an infringement no one spotted at the time?

I find it absurd that anything other than the specific incident VAR was called in for is examined. Even then it should not be being used to fine tooth-comb every goal. Clear and obvious errors is fine but when it’s being used to disallow goals on the basis of a toe nail or elbow maybe being offside then it’s also becoming absurd.

And I don’t believe for one second the VAR software can infallibly decide the precise moment a ball leaves the foot and can then calibrate the position every millimetre of everyone’s body in reference to that moment. At the very least there needs to be a ‘too close to call’ error margin in favour of the attacker so we see no more of this the computer says no because a millimetre of an arm was adjudged offside.

I bloody hate being robbed of that rush, that leap to my feet moment when a goal is scored. Instead I have to wait and wonder whether a computer programmed by fallible human beings will give the okay and whether a team of invisible pedants will find something as they scroll back through maybe a couple of minutes play.

So when we score a goal after a long series of passes in a move that started with Ederson picking up a loose ball, you are fine with it if the tape is rolled back and a penalty awarded against us because of an infringement no one spotted at the time?

I find it absurd that anything other than the specific incident VAR was called in for is examined. Even then it should not be being used to fine tooth-comb every goal. Clear and obvious errors is fine but when it’s being used to disallow goals on the basis of a toe nail or elbow maybe being offside then it’s also becoming absurd.

And I don’t believe for one second the VAR software can infallibly decide the precise moment a ball leaves the foot and can then calibrate the position every millimetre of everyone’s body in reference to that moment. At the very least there needs to be a ‘too close to call’ error margin in favour of the attacker so we see no more of this the computer says no because a millimetre of an arm was adjudged offside.

I bloody hate being robbed of that rush, that leap to my feet moment when a goal is scored. Instead I have to wait and wonder whether a computer programmed by fallible human beings will give the okay and whether a team of invisible pedants will find something as they scroll back through maybe a couple of minutes play.

Yes, no issue. Taking City out of it, it would be the correct thing to do in any match, or whether for or against us... VAR is there to correct injustices!! Same thing happened in the Swiss/Portugal match. Would have been unfair to have given Portugal the Pen, the correct and fair outcome was reached by VAR!! It wasn't looked at under a fine tooth comb as you put it. It was missed by some shoddy officiating. Within seconds it was clear it was a poor refereeing decision and VAR corrected that. Really not sure whats not to like!

On your point about the offsides, VAR may not be infallible however its significantly more accurate than bent officiating!! See numerous offside Liverpool goals from last season as proof of that... Or 3 Tottenham offside goals in 1 game against us!!

I do agree about a margin of error though, but does that open it up to abuse in favour of the Cartel...??!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.