VAR Thread - 2021/22

James red was the right decision, but Pogba should have seen red.
Why was James correct? The ref did not award anything. Chelsea claim he was then shown a still image of a handball
Are they lying ?
Why is there not a set procedure for what is shown to the ref via the monitor.
Are VAR allowed to over rule the ref and just pretend.

As fans we are spending what for many is a fortune each season following our teams yet what is the point when we are being manipulated?
Exactly this. You pay a lot of money to watch your team, but when your team is playing against either the rags or the dippers you know in your heart that you are going to get shafted, you just know that the redshirts will be given a helping-hand and there is absolutely fuck-all you or anyone else can do about it.
You go back to work and exchange a bit of banter with your workmates, but you're still inwardly seething that the game you paid to see was so heavily biased in favour of the rags/dippers, but eventually you get it out of your system and try to forget what is happening to the sport you love.

A few days later one of the favoured two are playing another game and once again, some absolutely farcical decisions are given in their favour, this then stirs up bitter memories and the resentment deepens.

But we are impotent, there is absolutely nothing we can do except vent our collective spleens on football forums like this one.
We can write or email the FA but we all know how utterly futile that would be. We could complain to the broadcasters but again we'd be wasting our time. So, what is the solution? Well, there isn't one. Football as a competitive sport ended when the Premier League came into being - and we've been funding the whole fucking crooked empire since then.

Is it too much to ask for transparency in the game. I am still waiting for any media outlet to ask exactly what Richard Scudamore meant when he said the following "Without being disrespectful to any club, we have a strategic plan at the Premier League and the strategic plan says putting a new name on the trophy in every six-year period. That doesn't mean we don't want any team to win it. It just means we would rather see some sort of rotation, for all neutrals in the game (what Leicester achieved) was a big moment."
This was five years ago and yet nobody has had the bollocks to ask what this plan is, how it would work, are all teams in favour etc. Maybe @stuart brennan can ask the questions and whilst he is at can also ask why only two teams were allowed to interview the new PL puppet as was reported or was this incorrect. As fans we are spending what for many is a fortune each season following our teams yet what is the point when we are being manipulated?

Scudamore quickly tried to back peddle on that statement, but I believe what came out of his mouth initially was true. The PL did have a 'strategic plan' to put a new name on the trophy and I believe it involved manipulation of the results by whatever means possible. Scudamore also went on to talk about a strong Manchester U*it*d being 'good for the brand', but he also inferred other teams (Dipper's) as they command large worldwide TV audiences which is good for profit (directors salaries), hence both the Rag's and the Dipper's getting a say in the future governance of the sport.

Basically VAR was Scudamore's wet dream.

It was a clear red and a penalty, that’s why.
Says who ? What I am trying to say to you is Var is meant to be standard honest and open. Var should be used in exactly the same way at every single ground. Still images have never been and should never be used and yet Chelsea say they were. Don't forget we still believe that Var wasn't in operation 2 seasons ago when we were cheated at anfield, that has never been mentioned since.

Scudamore quickly tried to back peddle on that statement, but I believe what came out of his mouth initially was true. The PL did have a 'strategic plan' to put a new name on the trophy and I believe it involved manipulation of the results by whatever means possible. Scudamore also went on to talk about a strong Manchester U*it*d being 'good for the brand', but he also inferred other teams (Dipper's) as they command large worldwide TV audiences which is good for profit (directors salaries), hence both the Rag's and the Dipper's getting a say in the future governance of the sport.

Basically VAR was Scudamore's wet dream.

They were being VAR'd by earpiece long before then. See Taylor v Chelsea

Says who ? What I am trying to say to you is Var is meant to be standard honest and open. Var should be used in exactly the same way at every single ground. Still images have never been and should never be used and yet Chelsea say they were. Don't forget we still believe that Var wasn't in operation 2 seasons ago when we were cheated at anfield, that has never been mentioned since.
James cleaned out the attacker with a late two-footed out of control challenge in the penalty area. Penalty and a red card for any other team except maybe the Dipper's. You don't thinks that's given against Wolves at the other end of the pitch?

James cleaned out the attacker with a late two-footed out of control challenge in the penalty area. Penalty and a red card for any other team except maybe the Dipper's. You don't thinks that's given against Wolves at the other end of the pitch?
Oops hang on, I was originally talking about anfield, my brain didn't do the switch when you'd mentioned James ....even after I typed James.

Is the pub open? I am getting too old for the Internet:-)

Oops hang on, I was originally talking about anfield, my brain didn't do the switch when you'd mentioned James ....even after I typed James.

Is the pub open? I am getting too old for the Internet:-)
One possible explanation for the Klanfield debacle is that the on field ref asked to see a still image to confirm the ball made contact with his hand. That's the ONLY reason I can think of as to why it was dealt with the way it was.

The only other reason I can think of is that it was always going to be given (whoever decided it) and they just wanted to give the illusion of carrying out due process.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.