VAR Thread - 2021/22

I watched the game live & you could see Taylor was watching moving footage so not sure where everyone is saying it was a still image?? And to be fare I would be asking how he didn't see it in real time. He only handled it 3 times. Obvious red under current law
No problem with the outcome but they way is it was managed was the issue. As you say, why didn’t he see it in real time and why was the footage running prior to him getting to the screen, only for it to be stopped when at the point of handball as he reached the monitor.

My post was just a little tongue in cheek ;-)

Exactly this. You pay a lot of money to watch your team, but when your team is playing against either the rags or the dippers you know in your heart that you are going to get shafted, you just know that the redshirts will be given a helping-hand and there is absolutely fuck-all you or anyone else can do about it.
You go back to work and exchange a bit of banter with your workmates, but you're still inwardly seething that the game you paid to see was so heavily biased in favour of the rags/dippers, but eventually you get it out of your system and try to forget what is happening to the sport you love.

A few days later one of the favoured two are playing another game and once again, some absolutely farcical decisions are given in their favour, this then stirs up bitter memories and the resentment deepens.

But we are impotent, there is absolutely nothing we can do except vent our collective spleens on football forums like this one.
We can write or email the FA but we all know how utterly futile that would be. We could complain to the broadcasters but again we'd be wasting our time. So, what is the solution? Well, there isn't one. Football as a competitive sport ended when the Premier League came into being - and we've been funding the whole fucking crooked empire since then.
Fans could all pact together and boycott away games (even home games) to the chosen few.

it was mentioned last season that this year fans will be boycotting stadiums - it hasn’t happened and never will.

Well it's partly why I have deferred my ticket this year. Sick of the blatant misuse of VAR at games. Sucked the joy out of a goal being scored for me.

Well it's partly why I have deferred my ticket this year. Sick of the blatant misuse of VAR at games. Sucked the joy out of a goal being scored for me.
Add my lad to that as well.
I nearly joined him but 55 years is hard to give up but......

Goals being allowed to stand clearly offside, blatant diving and farcical decisions by the ref was sucking the joy out the game for me.

It’s not great by a long stretch- but It’s improving and I prefer knowing the ref isn’t forced into making a blind guess now with the back up of VAR.

Alty Fan got his club this weekend so he can ignore VAR if it works against them.

Goals being allowed to stand clearly offside, blatant diving and farcical decisions by the ref was sucking the joy out the game for me.

It’s not great by a long stretch- but It’s improving and I prefer knowing the ref isn’t forced into making a blind guess now with the back up of VAR.
I am trying hard to still support VAR and understand your unwaivered views however when VAR cannot or will not see the challenge Pogba made during United goal v Wolves when every pundit and viewer can clearly see a nasty foul( whether it was a red is irrelevant) but allows the goal to stand opens serious questions as to the integrity of the system.
Yes it gets more correct decisions but in my opinion highlights obvious errors which the very system is there for. Corruption is a very loud answer.

I am trying hard to still support VAR and understand your unwaivered views however when VAR cannot or will not see the challenge Pogba made during United goal v Wolves when every pundit and viewer can clearly see a nasty foul( whether it was a red is irrelevant) but allows the goal to stand opens serious questions as to the integrity of the system.
Yes it gets more correct decisions but in my opinion highlights obvious errors which the very system is there for. Corruption is a very loud answer.

Nothing will ever be 100% perfect but it is definitely improving and fans have short memories of just how bad officials were without VAR with the current speed of the game.
I’ve not seen the Pogba incident you refer too but there is still the odd head scratching decision and it’s unacceptable when VAR get it completely wrong - I don’t believe in anyway it’s a tool for corruption and it’s tiring that every bad decision means the games corrupt.
But everyone entitled to their view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.