VAR Thread - 2021/22

We play them in 2 games time, no Pogba, no FC Ron, no Maguire.. am struggling to remember the fourth I know there was one, no Ratty?

Whoever it was, they'd all be missing our game, now we should win anyway but that's not the point.
Think it was Fred with high boot. If he plays it weakens them so did us a favour not sending him off...

We play them in 2 games time, no Pogba, no FC Ron, no Maguire.. am struggling to remember the fourth I know there was one, no Ratty?

Whoever it was, they'd all be missing our game, now we should win anyway but that's not the point.
Near the start of the second half the moaning rat slid and took out Arnold (I think) on the touchline, the replays (during the live coverage, MotD chose not to even show it (nor TheLiar's red incident)) showed that he'd made pretty forceful "over the ball" contact with both of the opponents legs and in slo-mo it looked a really bad challenge. That's a red card for me

There was a reason why Taylor got this game. Against any other team and without the game being live i doubt he would have even booked half of them and he even got the red card wrong and Var had to intervene, but he was very generous to the Rags

i am still laughing my balls off at VAR introduction into football with the quote ( clear and obvious error) only
the only clear and obvious errors are being made by the var officials and its used to change results..
even in the brighton game they let the pen stand knowing it was offside in the build up

if it was united or liverpool its offside without lines it was that bad and clearly offside
when we look back on this manchester city teams under pep and how he was treated by the officials week in week out and still won titles and silverware its just about mission impossible

Last edited:

Think it was Fred with high boot. If he plays it weakens them so did us a favour not sending him off...
What about the Penandez "challenge" in the first hlf that was on a par with the one Poogba was sent off for?

I thought the commentary comments summed things up pretty well - no certainty as to how it would be reffed.

I don't however think that this is a VAR issue really - there's no debate that the the Brighton player was offside. The issue here is how long before a goal does an offside position count, and that's not really to do with VAR itself, but the grey areas of refereeing.
The issue is the linesman are instructed in this new VAR era to keep his flag down unless 100% certain its off. So he may have flaged pre VAR (pretty obvious offside) but doesnt now and lets play go (as they are instructed to do to be fair), but then VAR doesnt check it because the have some daft application that says its too far back to check. Lunacy!!

i am still laughing my balls off at VAR introduction into football with the quote ( clear and obvious error) only
the only clear and obvious errors are being made by the var officials and its used to change results..
even in the brighton game they let the pen stand knowing it was offside in the build up

if it was united or liverpool its offside without lines it was that bad and clearly offside
when we look back on this manchester city teams under pep and how he was treated by the officials week in week out and still won titles and silverware its just about mission impossible
Exactly this. Every time we step onto the pitch we have 2 challenges; beat the officials and beat the opposition.

aeae43a1bde80a31ba05c2aa658f6291.jpg

No point in having VAR if this is ignored.

The issue is the linesman are instructed in this new VAR era to keep his flag down unless 100% certain its off. So he may have flaged pre VAR (pretty obvious offside) but doesnt now and lets play go (as they are instructed to do to be fair), but then VAR doesnt check it because the have some daft application that says its too far back to check. Lunacy!!
'Too far back' is another one of those subjective decisions which changes depending on which team it is being applied to. Bet your house on that being ruled out for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.