VAR Thread - 2021/22

you think it will make it more objective and stop the rag and dipper dives getting pens whilst our stonewalls get denied? fudging offside lines even more now and even more subjective handballs? It's Mike Riley FFS.
No, hence I said it’s semantic. Until we see it in action, we definitely can’t say it won’t favour them.

They're making the right noises.

"Contact on its own is only part of the what referees should look for," said referees' chief Mike Riley.

"They should also ask themselves if the contact has a consequence, and then if the player used that contact to try and win a foul or a penalty.

"It's not sufficient just to say: 'Yes, there's contact.' I think, partly, we got into that frame of mind by the forensic analysis that went into VAR awards.

"There's contact" has to be one of the most insidious phrases in football. So if we can finally put that concept to bed, it'll only be a good thing. It's a contact sport ffs. But if previous initiatives are anything to go by, this'll last one or two months and then we'll be back to normal.

Lee Mason retired as a ref but now the first dedicated VAR official.
This will likely be our biggest problem, we’ve see how the corrupt Walton tries to explain away fouls against us yet is the complete opposite when we may have fouled, Mason, the fat watermelon headed shit house, will be exactly the same.

Reactions: mat
This will likely be our biggest problem, we’ve see how the corrupt Walton tries to explain away fouls against us yet is the complete opposite when we may have fouled, Mason, the fat watermelon headed shit house, will be exactly the same.
Whilst I love the description of Mason, couldn’t be more accurate. To be fair to Walton I’ve yet to see him go against the ref and bullshit his way out of most decisions. He was a thundercunt for us whilst refereeing absolutely.

so we're back to no objective rules and the refs can decide subjectively what to give and what not, so we're fucked, as proven them going after Raz as a dive and not Salah with Dias. We're fucked.
To be fair to the dippers, they don’t actually get that many penalties. Their stats are fairly normal. It’s the ridiculous number that the rags get that needs curbing. Leicester are masters at winning pens too.

Time will tell. I’m not holding my breathe.

BBC News - VAR 'won't penalise trivial things' in Premier League next season

Waits for guidelines on what is trivial and not....

Oh yeah, a punch to the kidneys of Sterling and co is trivial. A fart in the general direction of Penandes, Sancho, Salah or Mane isn't.

To be fair to the dippers, they don’t actually get that many penalties. Their stats are fairly normal. It’s the ridiculous number that the rags get that needs curbing. Leicester are masters at winning pens too.

Time will tell. I’m not holding my breathe.

They get plenty when they need them, see the 2 dives they got against us.

Whilst I love the description of Mason, couldn’t be more accurate. To be fair to Walton I’ve yet to see him go against the ref and bullshit his way out of most decisions. He was a thundercunt for us whilst refereeing absolutely.
Trouble is mate, the refs have gone against us with so many things, it gives him a ready made excuse (oh and never be fair to that scruffy **** ;-) ).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.