VAR Thread - 2021/22

It's there to get the league to the right ballpark where possible over the season, and then execute desired results in specific games.

Nick 3 points off City v Palace to keep us in check so we don't build momentum and run off? Done. Protect the Dippers v us and Chelsea so they don't suffer 2 home losses and drop too far behind too early? Done. Need Rags or Dippers in the CL in the last 8 games? Done.

Only way to mitigate is to go so above and beyond and be ruthless so they don't have chance in enough games to interfere. The last 4 games we've been deliberately interfered against, it's systematic at the moment to check our progress.

We're not ruthless enough to prevent it happening this season, unfortunately.
It makes me laugh that people actually watch football and think like this. Surely it cannot be as enjoyable with this level of paranoia?

The penalty decision yesterday is fairly simple, and pretty consistent with how VAR is used, if the decision is debatable they just stick with the on field decision. Telles did touch the ball before catching Jesus, if the ref had given a penalty they'd have stuck with that decision I suspect, but he didn't give a penalty and as such VAR just stuck with that decision.

I've worked it out. West Ham Dan is actually one of Rics other accounts. When the post count is down and advertising revenue is threatened Ric posts a load of shite using Dan's name. We all get wound up and reply, the post count goes up, the advertisers pay and Ric gets Christmas in Barbados.

I also think Ric is that Forest fan who bleeds the rags dry with his youtube shite but that's for another time.

Here’s the thing with defending the refs decision not to give a penalty, as from some angles the defender manages to get a slight touch on the ball with his toe (allegedly)

How did the ref manage to see such tiny contact, at full speed, from the wrong angle, that only becomes visible when viewed in slow motion?

The ref should have awarded the penalty & let VAR review.

VAR may have overturned the decision to give a penalty (wrongly in my opinion as the follow through is still a foul)

I just don’t accept the ref saw the microscopic contact with the ball, but somehow missed the blatant contact kicking the player.

Oliver certainly does seem to have incredible eyesight, either that, or he just hates City.

I know which I think is more likely.

Here’s the thing with defending the refs decision not to give a penalty, as from some angles the defender manages to get a slight touch on the ball with his toe (allegedly)

How did the ref manage to see such tiny contact, at full speed, from the wrong angle, that only becomes visible when viewed in slow motion?

The ref should have awarded the penalty & let VAR review.

VAR may have overturned the decision to give a penalty (wrongly in my opinion as the follow through is still a foul)

I just don’t accept the ref saw the microscopic contact with the ball, but somehow missed the blatant contact kicking the player.

Oliver certainly does seem to have incredible eyesight, either that, or he just hates City.

I know which I think is more likely.
As ever with this issue we have no idea what the ref thought. Anyway, the tech is there to overturn clear and obvious errors. It was clear and obvious it wasn’t a pen. We are stuck with VAR now so no amount of moaning is going to get rid of it, unfortunately

It makes me laugh that people actually watch football and think like this. Surely it cannot be as enjoyable with this level of paranoia?

The penalty decision yesterday is fairly simple, and pretty consistent with how VAR is used, if the decision is debatable they just stick with the on field decision. Telles did touch the ball before catching Jesus, if the ref had given a penalty they'd have stuck with that decision I suspect, but he didn't give a penalty and as such VAR just stuck with that decision.
Not a fucking chance!

VAR certainly does make watching football less enjoyable.

No problem with that but the other end Oliver would of blew for a penalty go to var and wouldn’t be enough to overturn it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.