VAR Thread - 2021/22

VAR is not going to go anywhere, so for me there are 3 things that could be implemented immediately that would vastly improve both the operation and public confidence in VAR;

1. Full transmission of sound/dialogue between refs and VAR control. This is single-handedly the easiest move to increase transparency, increase accountability and increase correct decisions made.

2. Remove 'clear and obvious'. I assume this is used as a way of letting refs retain some on-field power and to assuage some critics that the game is going to be run by video etc. Get over this ego driven policy and just make VAR call what it thinks is right and wrong, with zero influence from the prior decision.

3. Have a clear policy on consistency. At the moment even the bloke in the pub can recall a decision from only one weekend previous where the exact same offence has been treated completely differently (in some cases to the level of red card or goal/no goal). These ridiculous inconsistencies can smoothed out quickly and where the decision does need to be awarded differently, it is explained via point 1.

i dont see any of these as changing any rule of the game etc, just quick fixes to improve the process.

VAR is not going to go anywhere, so for me there are 3 things that could be implemented immediately that would vastly improve both the operation and public confidence in VAR;

1. Full transmission of sound/dialogue between refs and VAR control. This is single-handedly the easiest move to increase transparency, increase accountability and increase correct decisions made.

2. Remove 'clear and obvious'. I assume this is used as a way of letting refs retain some on-field power and to assuage some critics that the game is going to be run by video etc. Get over this ego driven policy and just make VAR call what it thinks is right and wrong, with zero influence from the prior decision.

3. Have a clear policy on consistency. At the moment even the bloke in the pub can recall a decision from only one weekend previous where the exact same offence has been treated completely differently (in some cases to the level of red card or goal/no goal). These ridiculous inconsistencies can smoothed out quickly and where the decision does need to be awarded differently, it is explained via point 1.

i dont see any of these as changing any rule of the game etc, just quick fixes to improve the process.
None of these are getting implemented any time soon.

On point 3: Every competition (of which the PL is one) has a set of rules, which should be applicable to all and consistent for the duration of the competition. With the PL, they have had rule changes MID-COMPETITION (the handball rule that screwed us over instantly springs to mind) which means that there is a huge element of unfairness due to the fact that some teams will have benefited and other teams will have been punished in relation to other teams.

I'm very surprised it didn't work in their favour yesterday.

Maybe the Hammer's are the next in line as part of Scudamore's master plan?

Could be your season...

Lets see how the next few games pan out in terms of 'assistance' from VAR.
BBC were certainly bigging up West Ham this morning but l suppose they have to when they are not allowed to criticise the dippers.

Still waiting for the wet spam fan to explain why VAR didn't give the Brighton player offside in the build up to their penalty..

Guess what, he didn't see the incident so can't comment..

Tell you why he can't explain it, because VAR isn't fit for purpose and is wide open to manipulation .

Fake Ronnie should have been sent off against the dippers, can the wet spam tell us why VAR missed that ?

I saw it close up on my TV, why didn't VAR pick it up with all their monitors available to them ?

Again he cannot explain it because it doesn't fit his narrative regarding saving face on this thread, a thread btw that he constantly makes a tit of himself on..
Ouch...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.