VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a referee without VAR was a lot easier for them to do their job. There were no distractions, there was no one in your ear telling you to second guess your decisions throughout the match. There was no running over to a monitor to force you into obsessing over subjective decisions and engaging in group think.

Linesmen had a much easier job of putting the flag up when someone was offside. Simple, basic, easy to do their job. Now they are being told to let play continue if they aren't sure, and wait to put the flag up until after whatever ends up happening that may or may not count after a review. Any time such an event happens it's chaos for the fan regardless of the eventual decision.

With VAR, they are encouraging officials to be unsure about decisions, which leads to less confident officials and more confusion.
Would it not be easier to have 4 linesman and a ref, look at American football there is that much going on and the speed of it they need loads. Back when football first started the game was not played this fast for 3 men to keep an eye on everything that’s going on with the scrutiny they come under is ridiculous. The play acting by players conning them and their screams as if they’ve been shot are laughable I’d be ashamed to do it. It started with the influx of foreigners (it’s always them ;) ) such as Klinesman, now everyone does it. The introduction of VAR has give them a get out clause for also not been the best, they don’t have to keep up with play as VAR will spot it, we have almost Olympic speed athletes on the pitch fatty Moss had no chance. The players have to take more responsibility for all the diving and shot they do and the laws of the game need to be more clear, that handball was ridiculous last night and just makes it a farce.

Would it not be easier to have 4 linesman and a ref, look at American football there is that much going on and the speed of it they need loads. Back when football first started the game was not played this fast for 3 men to keep an eye on everything that’s going on with the scrutiny they come under is ridiculous. The play acting by players conning them and their screams as if they’ve been shot are laughable I’d be ashamed to do it. It started with the influx of foreigners (it’s always them ;) ) such as Klinesman, now everyone does it. The introduction of VAR has give them a get out clause for also not been the best, they don’t have to keep up with play as VAR will spot it, we have almost Olympic speed athletes on the pitch fatty Moss had no chance. The players have to take more responsibility for all the diving and shot they do and the laws of the game need to be more clear, that handball was ridiculous last night and just makes it a farce.
If you had 4 linesman offsides would be fun.

Both West Ham goals were farcical.

The first was blatant hand ball that should have ended any claim.The second was comical given the defender was about two foot away and sliding in to prevent a cross.....where the fuck was he meant to put his arms?

This slowing down of every incident and taking it out of context is misinterpreting play and the reality of a situation.VAR should be judged using real time,anything else is false.

Don’t waste your time.

I’m convinced his first name is Dermot…

Such a farcical situation with all the officials and last nights win for West Ham was one of the more farcical I’ve seen, to the point that I actually turned it off as I don’t like to see any team cheated, which Bournemouth were.

With the replays they are making themselves look more incompetent week after week. It's all there for everyone to see and they still fuck it up. I genuinely think we were awarded the "softish" penalty on Bernardo on Saturday as they knew they fucked up on the first one. Probably hoping that they could airbrush it out of the highlights.

There is zero consistency. Quite the opposite of what VAR was brought in for.

It was meant to make the referees job easier and it's made it harder. They are running about either afraid to make crucial decisions or knowing they have got VAR to shepherd the decision for them.

It's killed the art of celebrating and has taken the raw emotion of scoring a goal out of the game!

It's slowly breaking football every day it continues to be used. The inconsistency is appalling. The lack of transparency is appalling. The whole thing is appalling. Fuck it off please.

The quality of refereeing is declining because of VAR. The same has happened in Cricket with referrals...
In addition, the inconsistencies in raising the flag for offsides (several occasions when team is onside) is indicative of the impact VAR is having on onfeild decision making.
We also get the farce of the Foden goal being disallowed because the way the match was being refereed and VAR officials scrutinising without reference to the game.

I have always said that decisions on the field of play are multisensory... The sound, the impact etc. VAR is one dimensional. It is by definition limited. It skews the one dimension it does have with slowmotion etc.
Still not celebrated a 'goal in the moment' since it was introduced.

The game I loved has been taken over by technicians, global geo politics and media manipulation.

Oh, and by the way, there has been no reduction in simulation. If anything, players are going down even more easily under contact...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.