VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s absolutely no surprise to me tbf. I never understood why there is no transparant conversation between ref and VAR. Like rugby. Than there is less room for cheating or looking for “easiest way out”.
I think you have answered your own question. There is only one reason they don’t have transparent conversations is so they can manipulate the outcome. I watched the Wigan v St Helens game on Friday. The VAR conversations and pictures were amazing. Absolutely no room for manipulation or cheating.

If anyone wants an example of how officials can fix a match in the premier league, watch back the Spurs-Brighton match in full.

If I were at Brighton, I would be drafting an official complaint to the league to be submitted simultaneously to a public statement posted on the official site regarding the referee and VAR performance in that match.

Their manager was sent off (and will likely be fined) for calling out the blatant corruption that lead to Spurs winning a game Brighton likely should have won 1-3. Managers of non-cash cow clubs are starting to see how certain clubs are aided to their team’s detriment and the league are trying to keep them quiet via punishment (and threat of more severe consequences).
Absolutely right. It can only be corruption when the VAR can see the pictures time and again and come to obviously wrong decisions. The handball goal and blatant pen not given are a scandal

If anyone wants an example of how officials can fix a match in the premier league, watch back the Spurs-Brighton match in full.

If I were at Brighton, I would be drafting an official complaint to the league to be submitted simultaneously to a public statement posted on the official site regarding the referee and VAR performance in that match.

Their manager was sent off (and will likely be fined) for calling out the blatant corruption that lead to Spurs winning a game Brighton likely should have won 1-3. Managers of non-cash cow clubs are starting to see how certain clubs are aided to their team’s detriment and the league are trying to keep them quiet via punishment (and threat of more severe consequences).
@SebastianBlue I watched a YouTube compilation earlier and I've just seen Motd. One 'mistake' by var ok, two hmmm, four ! in one match,no way. If it isn't corrupt and its mistakes it shows why var has no place in the game, if it is corrupt it shows why Var has no place in the game.
Brighton were robbed, no if buts or maybes.

Surely Brighton should be lodging an official complaint with the the proper authorities? Genuinely ridiculous beyond belief.

The ref in the Spurs Brighton game was Atwell. Week in week out he demonstrates how awful he is. Yet, not only is he never dropped, he continues to get mainly big games. And that's on Howard Webb.
Atwell was probably wondering whether to award a try, a basket or a conversion. He's supposed to be one of our best referees, but nobody knows in which sport.
Just watched the MOTD analysis and it was horrific. One foul was blatant and Atwell had an unobstructed view. If that wasn't a clear and obvious error then wtfigo? Bent as a nine bob note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.