VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the actual fuck is this nonsense from Walton here???

In a nutshell there is the problem. Refs union always close ranks to protect each other. Just because no money changes hands or they don't have a result to engineer doesn't mean its not bent. If you look the other way to protect your mate it's still bent.

The Telegraph saying today that the rags want to sign Caicedo and Macallister from Brighton.
It's not even subtle how 'they' are trying to undermine Brighton.
Straight after they are shafted by Var this story appears.

The Telegraph saying today that the rags want to sign Caicedo and Macallister from Brighton.
It's not even subtle how 'they' are trying to undermine Brighton.
Straight after they are shafted by Var this story appears.
What has a club wanting another clubs players got to do with the VAR situation?

We allegedly want McAllister are we part of the conspiracy?

There’s one other conclusion and I’m getting closer to it with every clear “error”
Just watch the video above and Peter Walton, FFS that's what your dealing with and people wonder why VAR is failing!

Until they make the whole decision making process public and available to the spectators it's doomed.

Said many times look how cricket uses technology, it's superb, transparent and works superbly.

Just watch the video above and Peter Walton, FFS that's what your dealing with and people wonder why VAR is failing!

Until they make the whole decision making process public and available to the spectators it's doomed.

Said many times look how cricket uses technology, it's superb, transparent and works superbly.
I’ve said the same thing for ages.. let us hear what the officials and VAR are saying VERBATIM and then there is absolutely nowhere for them to hide.. any contentious decision from then on, force them to explain it.. Currently I’d argue that they can’t (explain the decisions)

They daren't there would be riots inside stadiums. What do they say on the Brighton ones?

"Stuart, you really need to look at this because it's one of the clearest penalties I've ever seen."

Atwell: "Nah fuck Brighton we need Spurs with their big bright shiny stadium in Europe, plus Daniel has bunged me a few bob!"

This is how I'd fix VAR.

Each team can call for a ref to view a monitor twice in a match. The ref can do it as many times as he likes beyond that.

VAR is done by each club. Both VAR teams get the exact same feeds to its fair. Both VAR teams have a max of 3 minutes to compile the images for the ref to view on the monitor at pitchside. The ref makes the final decision based on the supplied images. He is helped by his linesmen.

There are no offside lines. It's just a set of images for the refereeing team on the pitchside to review.

Each review could take 5 mins and the game could go over 2 hours start to finish. So what.

The VAR teams would have to compete to be the best so there would be little or no incompetence/corruption. City would employees the best in the world. The likes of Fulham might have amongst the best in the world. So what.

The ref and his team would be the decision makers. No one is overriding them. If they are incompetent or corrupt then VAR was ineffective. So what.

Edit: The biggest problem would be tampering with the feeds or genuine technical failures. There would have to be a lot of effort put into minimising the points of failure or vulnerability and generally the easiest thing for that is to go as lowtech and simple as possible.

Last edited:
The solution to shit referees and var officials is to recruit the best from overseas, an open market like for players and coaches. Less chance of institutional bias, less chance of incompetence. And replace cheat Webb with someone who has a decent ref and had authority, like Collina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.