VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, some of the most obvious “balancing the match” officiating you will see in a cup final no less.

Horrible tackle by Casemiro early on that was given as a foul on him.

Farcical handball given against Grealish, which I think through off his entire games, and got United back in the match.

Obvious foul on Kev in the United box ignored.

Many fouls on ours waived away, whilst 50/50s consistently given the way of United.

And immediate yellow card for the first sign of time wasting; we’re the only team for which that happens.

There needs to be major change within officiating in England but I am not going to hold my breath for it.

In my opinion, some of the most obvious “balancing the match” officiating you will see in a cup final no less.

Farcical handball given against Grealish, which I think through off his entire games, and got United back in the match.

Many fouls on ours waived away, whilst 50/50s consistently given the way of United.

And immediate yellow card for the first sign of time wasting; we’re the only team for which that happens.

There needs to be major change within officiating in England but I am not going to hold my breath for it.
Wam Bassaka should have been in the book too for persistent fouling.

Just saw that even Ten Hag admitted United were fortunate to get the penalty.

In the age of VAR, there shouldn’t be this much “luck” involved with officiating.

Spot on blue

By the way, ESPN just spent 15 minutes talking about the Grealish “handball” and everyone on the panel (Hislop, Jenas, Burley) all agree it was not a penalty and each expressed differing levels of frustration with current rules and inconsistency in officiating, especially with VAR.

They also discussed the Casemiro challenge and all but Jenas thought it was at least a yellow, if not more. None of them understood how it was a foul on Casemiro.

Somehow not even asked to check it. What a fucking disgrace

View attachment 81662

When things like this happen we need to create a stoppage in the game so Gundo & KDB can go over and put pressure on the ref/var.

It's a chance for TV to show multiple replays which only further shines a light on it. Both BBC/ITV didn't question it again once it was 'check complete'.

They wanted to silence Jack when ITV were interviewing him ('forget that, you've won') when he said it was never a penalty.

I struggle to get my head around the Casamero challenge on Akanji, surely given that the free kick went the way of the rags the decision was a clear and obvious error. And how seeing that challenge the ref is then not asked to have a look at it leaves me baffled.

Clear and obvious is irrelevant. The VAR isn’t there to correct incorrect free kick calls or give yellow cards.

His two choices were advise a review for a red card or stick with the onfield decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.