Vat on Independent school fees?

To fix schools, you need to start by fixing societal problems first. Whilst society is as fractured as it is today you don't stand a chance. People need to value education; for that to happen it needs to start in the home and by ensuring that there is a decent future or dare i say a career for the students at the other side of their educational journey, rather than minimum or near minimum wage jobs in the much quoted zero hours, gig economy.
Amen.

It’s the politics of envy and nothing else. Parents who send their children to private school should actually get a tax refund.

I couldn't give a fuck about what the LWNJ’s on here think - so don’t bother replying. You are wasting your time.

It’s all about ideology from privately educated lefties.

Probably depends on what their children wanted to do, although not many kids want to be plumbers because at the moment society encourages them to go to university, regardless of whether it’s actually going to be worthwhile.
The myth that all studying should lead to a worthwhile job. Learning should be valued in and of itself.

Freedom from VAT and charitable status are effectively state subsidies. Anyone on the right of politics should abhor state subsidies, except, perhaps, for essentials. Private schools are not essentials and if the fees go up parents will just have to work harder, cancel Netflix and drink fewer lattes. These schools should stand on their own feet.

I find that people who dislike the state funding stuff have a strange habit of making exceptions to suit their own needs.

BTW I would remove charitable status for lots more things too. Anything remotely political for starters.
The church?

For a career in these professions a private education is all but mandatory. To be PM an Eton education puts you at the front of the queue. Bizarre that we prioritise a privileged background over ability. Fishing in such a shallow pool is a shocking waste of talent, yet it is a situation we are conditioned to accept.
We’ve had more Eton PMs than Labour PMs.

It’s the politics of envy and nothing else. Parents who send their children to private school should actually get a tax refund.

I couldn't give a fuck about what the LWNJ’s on here think - so don’t bother replying. You are wasting your time.

It’s all about ideology from privately educated lefties.

If I was your father and sent you to a private school I'd ask for a full refund.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.