VDV> Silva

Mr Silva was World-Class last night, if he continues like this he'll be unplayable.

He works so hard to find space. Then importantly makes the right decision when he gets there.

VDV is a good player no doubt, and may score more goals, but Silva will prove to be a better player long term i'm sure. He's already shown Kinkladze type skill, amazing vision and can cross the ball if wide.

Other than through balls (like the slightly over hit one to Zaba last night) did anyone see him give the ball away?

lol, I was going back through some of my old posts the other day and was amazed at the amount of absolute garbage that gets posted on here at times...usually after a defeat...

I was stopped by an Everton fan on the way out of Goodison today who said that 'Silva, was the best player he'd seen all season in an away shirt'

He was majestic first half!

Jasondh said:
I was stopped by an Everton fan on the way out of Goodison today who said that 'Silva, was the best player he'd seen all season in an away shirt'

He was majestic first half!
he certainly was, but did he touch the ball second half, for me that's why everton took the game, they stopped silva playing enabling them to create pressure on us

Does anyone else thing Van Der Fart is a ****? I was watching the Arsenal Tottenham game and when Walcott scored he did the whole shhhh celebration with his finger over his mouth... then when VDF score a little while later he looked realy mad and looked at Walcott then did the exact same celebration for a second to take the piss... he seems like he is a ****.

ginola999 said:
zinaldo1982 said:
Different type of players vdv is really just a attacking mid who score goals but put in the middle and let him create for others,that is not his style and that is why he was never a success in spain because there the game is slow build up and he can't get into position and he is also not as versatile as people say as he can only play as an attacking mid.

In england it suits him down to a t as all them long balls into the box are good for his late runs and shooting prowess whereas silva is more of a creative player who likes to make people and the team play and can come up with the odd goal,i am sure vdv would score a lot more goals for us but he wouldn't be as creative whereas silva would create way more for tottenham.

But someone here posted that Silva created the second highest amount of chances in Spain last season, which was countered by VDV creating more chances per minute and thus being the more creative. He also made more passes per minute and tackles than Silva. And that is in a league which was foreign to him. So far this season they have both played the same number of minutes, but VDV has created 2 more chances. It will be interesting to see who comes out on top at the end of the season, but I personally think if Silva tuirns out to be as good as VDV you'll have done well out of that transfer deal, but many here seem to think Silva is already better and soon will be considered in a different league.

In terms of creating chances and passes, I think he chould be more compared to Modric, but I'd be very impressed with Silva if he gets within 80% of Modric's totals by the end of the season.

So far,

Silva
PL assists- 9 including the one today
PL goals - 4

Modric
PL assists - 3 including the one today
PL goals - 2

Be impressed because it looks ike it's Modric who's struggling to get within 80% of Silva's totals and this is Silva's first season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.