Veganism

Watched it last week and certainly makes you think. There is also a lot of equally persuasive debunking of it on youtube. I honestly don't give a fuck about animal cruelty and love meat. Having said that I think I could do vegan - still allowed my bread, pasta and spuds. Tempted to give it a month or two to see how I feel.
I wouldnt go straight to vegan and give all meat up.... You need to go a day on / off for a week or so and then 2 off and one on, 3 off one on etc..... By the time you get to 5 days then cut out all together.

I wouldnt go straight to vegan and give all meat up.... You need to go a day on / off for a week or so and then 2 off and one on, 3 off one on etc..... By the time you get to 5 days then cut out all together.
I honestly don't think it would bother me mate. Normally start the day with porridge made with water/fruit, and have a meat/dairy free lunch. So long as I get a good stodgy portion of pasta/spuds for dinner I'm good. The hardest thing for me to give up will probably be a splash of milk in my tea and the Sunday roast.

Last edited:
Watched it last week and certainly makes you think. There is also a lot of equally persuasive debunking of it on youtube. I honestly don't give a fuck about animal cruelty and love meat. Having said that I think I could do vegan - still allowed my bread, pasta and spuds. Tempted to give it a month or two to see how I feel.
right. that's the thing, it's not animal cruelty, that's the poachers and shitty pet owner's. We try and protect the wild animals that need protecting, and we for the most part eat the animals that are farmed for the purpose of eating, that's what makes us civilized. Those animals would never have existed at all otherwise.

right. that's the thing, it's not animal cruelty, that's the poachers and shitty pet owner's. We try and protect the wild animals that need protecting, and we for the most part eat the animals that are farmed for the purpose of eating, that's what makes us civilized. Those animals would never have existed at all otherwise.
Not animal cruelty? You think pigs roam around in fields all day? Do you know how they are slaughtered?
Are your eggs free range or battery hens? Male chicks shredded at birth..... The whole meat industry is cruel.

No beef intended - but I have no idea what that means.

A lot of the vegan community feel calling vegan food vegan stigmatises the vegan buying it, and singles them out for ridicule, so a lot of food businesses use the term plant based instead

I do find it funny that people are quick to condone cruelty against dogs yet against pigs/cows/sheep etc it’s fine. Pigs are actually more intelligent than dogs!

Having ate dog before, and in a scenario of a dystopian future, I would be fine eating fido as a food source

Not animal cruelty? You think pigs roam around in fields all day? Do you know how they are slaughtered?
Are your eggs free range or battery hens? Male chicks shredded at birth..... The whole meat industry is cruel.
Pork and chicken production is scary stuff and I'd imagine some cheap intensively produced beef not much better. Lamb probably better as I assume it's still cheaper to chuck them in a field to eat grass than grow sheep in a cage. Venison is great, but costs fortune considering the UK population virtually constitutes a vermin problem.

And strict vegans will happily get the fly spray out, or will use nit cream on their kids’ heads when they get an outbreak.

Not to mention use many every day devices, like smartphones and computers, that have animal products in.
No one said vegans are perfect. (And i am a veggie not vegan though i dont use milk) we just try our best. But suggesting they "kill" nits as a way to mock them is a bit much. You'd be the first to complain if your kids came home from school each week with nits because a vegan kid didnt get rid of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.