Veganism

right. that's the thing, it's not animal cruelty, that's the poachers and shitty pet owner's. We try and protect the wild animals that need protecting, and we for the most part eat the animals that are farmed for the purpose of eating, that's what makes us civilized. Those animals would never have existed at all otherwise.
That's precisely what civilised slave-owners said.

No one said vegans are perfect. (And i am a veggie not vegan though i dont use milk) we just try our best. But suggesting they "kill" nits as a way to mock them is a bit much. You'd be the first to complain if your kids came home from school each week with nits because a vegan kid didnt get rid of them.
In that case good news for vegans - the worldwide market for edible insects is expected to triple by 2023 to US$1.2Billion.

I saw that too .
Very interesting and like you , I’ve also cut back on meat eating .
Not for health reasons, just to be twattish to my social circle .

That’s a good enough reason in my book. Just out of interest how wide is your social circle? Mine seems to be getting smaller for reasons I can’t understand

I was grafting yesterday and accidentally walked into a green/caring/environmental friendly/typo cafe. I didn't realize until I looked at the menu but the clue was in the brightly clothed clientele.Live and let live so I ordered a coffee with some curdled liquid served in a miniature glass milk barrel that had a sort of clotty effectual pour to it.I also had a Vegan cookie because it represented good value to the pound and also I was proper hank marvin.Well the inhabitants knew they had an outsider in their presence and I could feel their eyes upon on me as I lifted cookie to mouth.I cannot describe the taste except to say it had character all of it's own with the biscuit goodness and yum factor extracted at point of sale and all that remained was an oatie fragile base that tormented the palate.Anyway I had no choice but to swallow down hardand crack on with the remaining quarter.When you mess with a product it can never take on the ideals of the original but if cookies tasted like this in the real world then It would be far easier for me to take on the persona off a 10 stone rippling stud-muffin.

I watched the video of Nimmers a few pages back and harrowing footage for sure.We have a responsibility to our live stock to rear meat in a healthy happy environment and come slaughter time kill it in the most humane manner possible by stunning..Sky fairy slaughter methods and barbaric bleed out should have no play whatsoever in our abattoirs.Literally thousands of undercover investigations have revealed the same horrific abuse and suffering all over the world.The animals should be stunned first before any ritual process is carried out and quotes from the rspca thankfully mention over 80 % are. The co2 gassing of pigs is also pretty disturbing to watch causing immense suffering to these inteligent creatures because these highly social animals become easily distressed in an unfamiliar places. The group gassing with CO2 is frequently touted as the best way to slaughter but clearly with undercover footage available this is not the case. I do enjoy the taste of meat and only have a desire to see all live stock bred with good animal husbindry at it's forefront.Its not too much to ask is it ?

From the RSPCA

https://www.rspca.org.uk/getinvolved/campaign/slaughter

A post of two halves both of them excellent.

And strict vegans will happily get the fly spray out, or will use nit cream on their kids’ heads when they get an outbreak.

Not to mention use many every day devices, like smartphones and computers, that have animal products in.

So what? It’s better to be doing something rather than nothing, it’s a complicated world. I’m vegetarian not vegan, my son is vegan and I admire their commitment to try and live more ethically. A bit sad to knock them for the things they don’t do

And strict vegans will happily get the fly spray out, or will use nit cream on their kids’ heads when they get an outbreak.

Not to mention use many every day devices, like smartphones and computers, that have animal products in.

Yes, but in this country if someone did to dogs what we already do to pigs/cows there would be widespread outrage.

With the exception of omega 3 fish oil supplements, I’m trying a vegan version of the ketogenic diet.

It’s still early days but I have noticed a slight increase in energy and boost in mood. Intermittent fasting seems to help, too.

Fruit, sugars and carbohydrates are killers for Diabetics. Fortunately I was bred with incisors for shredding flesh and molars to grind it. With a bit of luck I will live to see my grandkids get married?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.