Veira - Whats The Point

masterwig said:
1) He's injured
2) He's one of Bobby's old mates.

I see a few striking similarities between Bobby and that bloke that used to manage us and was slagged off for these things at every opportunity. Made me laugh at the video of his staff too. The Tafia have been replaced by the Mafia. Still, as long as the results come that's all that matters.
Get behind whoever is in charge. Not saying you don't, but there's a few who won't if we aint in top 4 by the end of May.

Bobby has my full support. I have come to appreciate that he is tactically far more switched on than Hughes was. My point was that if results start going against us the same criticisms will emerge. People just look at results.

masterwig said:
Bobby has my full support. I have come to appreciate that he is tactically far more switched on than Hughes was. My point was that if results start going against us the same criticisms will emerge. People just look at results.
Mine too, for exactly the same reasons. Don't think the criticism would be as vitriolic though if things do go tits up.

Joycee Banercheck said:
masterwig said:
Mine too, for exactly the same reasons. Don't think the criticism would be as vitriolic though if things do go tits up.

There are always plenty of fans who don't see beyond a result and will climb into either the manager or certain players. Tactically Mancini is very interesting and will happily change things if he sees something not quite right. So far he has had to do it quite early in games because the initial plan has been wrong and so far it has worked out ok apart from Everton where it was just wrong all through.

I would hope its right from the start against Scunny as we don't want to give them encouragement.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Joycee Banercheck said:

There are always plenty of fans who don't see beyond a result and will climb into either the manager or certain players. Tactically Mancini is very interesting and will happily change things if he sees something not quite right. So far he has had to do it quite early in games because the initial plan has been wrong and so far it has worked out ok apart from Everton where it was just wrong all through.

I would hope its right from the start against Scunny as we don't want to give them encouragement.
Amen to that, brother. Now, lets get the cans out of the fridge.

Pearce_out said:
Viera isn't here for his work on the pitch he is primarily here for his work off it. Mancini knows what he's about and he is a winner. That is why he is here plus he will add invaluable experience to the youngsters.

I agree, he has a winning mentality, he knows how to win and that can be invaluable.

the last 20 minutes of last week's derby is the point. As much as I like De Jong etc, there's no doubt that our midfield when under pressure, can't keep the ball. They drop into the back four and there's no-one to give it to when we win it - hence the 40 yard punts and it coming straight back.

masterwig said:
1) He's injured
2) He's one of Bobby's old mates.

I see a few striking similarities between Bobby and that bloke that used to manage us and was slagged off for these things at every opportunity. Made me laugh at the video of his staff too. The Tafia have been replaced by the Mafia. Still, as long as the results come that's all that matters.
To be fair i trust Mancini's buddies way more than i trust the marvellous coaching skills of the former Blackburn and Wales mavericks that we enjoyed for 18 months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.