Vet Fees

BWTAC

Our little dog dislocated her back leg on Saturday and we had to take her to an emergency vets in Cheadle Hulme, just been told she now needs an operation, taking the fees to 4 grand! Thank fuck we have insurance to cover this, however, where the fuck do they get these charges from? It seems a licence to print money, preying on people's misery.

It's exactly what it is, a licence to print money. Absolutely absurd what the fees can reach, as you have found out.

Some friends of ours didn't have insurance when their lab was diagnosed with cancer. 2 years down the line and with continuous treatment, the fees are crippling them.

toffee balls said:
Woodcroft are notoriously expensive . However , they are fantastic at what they do.

That's where she is mate, at least you've reassured me at how good they are, feel sick to the stomach at the moment.

Dirty Harry said:
It certainly does seem that way mate, often feels like it's some kind of 'emotional blackmail', luckily, the other half insists on ours being insured, but it does make me wonder about what some people would do with their pets given similar circumstances where they couldn't really afford to pay (yeah yeah I know don't get a pet in the first place ;-) ).

I don't have insurance but i do have a couple of grand stashed away in case anything ever happens to the my dogs. I could probably stretch to spending more if needed but only if it was a one of thing though (like the op). If it was cancer or any other serious long term illness I'd just get the dog put down.

Never had insurance on my dogs. Would have been astronomical costs for the insurance alone. I think vets do a super job on the whole, and are one of the best trained professions. Don't begrudge them getting paid for their expertise.

BWTAC said:
Our little dog dislocated her back leg on Saturday and we had to take her to an emergency vets in Cheadle Hulme, just been told she now needs an operation, taking the fees to 4 grand! Thank fuck we have insurance to cover this, however, where the fuck do they get these charges from? It seems a licence to print money, preying on people's misery.

I'm in the same boat mate, my little dog dislocated his kneecap and has had to have an operation with pins the works, so far £2500 and the Insurance company arguing the toss about paying...!!

Blue Til Death said:
BWTAC said:

I'm in the same boat mate, my little dog dislocated his kneecap and has had to have an operation with pins the works, so far £2500 and the Insurance company arguing the toss about paying...!!

She's got to have a plate put in place and her leg won't be the same, losing the flexibility in it. Just out of curiosity, what insurance firm are you with and why are they arguing the toss?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.